• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1967 Plymouth GTX

streetstrip_ch

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Not really a restoration itself, but more like a journal where I can post the changes I do to the car and not having pictures everywhere and never being able to find them. Of course it would be very nice to get feedback from people,

My 1967
I bought that car around 7 years ago on one of those online consignment companies, and went through all the process to get it imported to Switzerland. It took around 3 months until I had the car here, and another 1.5 years until I finally registered it in here and got to drive it.
The registration process was very painful, that would be a massive post by itself.

funny fact, at least once a year a get an youtube recommendation from the video that was made for the selling page for this car:

this picture is 5 years old, I have just gotten the number plates.
20180601_100824.jpg

Currently...
The car has not been driven for pretty much 2 years, I was going for a drive and the car didn't start after diagnostic I realized my orange box was dead, I had a FBO box with a coil on my shelve and went to change it, during that time it started to get dark and I was sure I drop a nut, but the nut went under the intake manifold. After starting the car I went for a drive and just a few meter down the road I hear a big bang coming from under the car, I got crazy and started to think that the nut went inside the intake, so from that point on I was sure that was the problem. I brought the car back home and went to sleep.

Next day I had to bring my daughter to an event, and since I had no other car I said "screw it" and went with it. That let to this post: Engine noise and eventually to this post: a833 removal

The real problem was the clutch, but I had that nut stuck in my head, and couldn´t think about anything else. I wouldn´t need to pull the engine and would save myself some time.

Last edited:
Nice car. I've been to Switzerland a couple of times and have never seen an American muscle car, so I'm sure it attracts a lot of attention with the locals. Can you get license plates that can fit the bumper, or do you have to use a special mounting bracket?

Nice car. I've been to Switzerland a couple of times and have never seen an American muscle car, so I'm sure it attracts a lot of attention with the locals. Can you get license plates that can fit the bumper, or do you have to use a special mounting bracket?
When I was in Zurich Switzerland 2005, I never had seen so many American cars in Europe ever. Mostly we’re Camaros and corvettes. I had lived in Europe for 5 years and traveled most of Western Europe.

Auto Transport Service
Back