• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 63 2 door conversion alterd

looking very good ,2 projects going at the same time :headbang:

It's really hard not to say anything here Poly, You do some of the best work and have the patience of ? even during the hot months you spoke of at the beginning of your conversion and the work your doing now on this should open a spot easy enough to get your car started! You go the extra mile on everything... and man, it shows!!!
Sometimes when you think about questions asked, even here "why doesn't more guys do these cars?", I think if they would see the dedication here on your build maybe they would understand completely about going the extra mile! We all want them,, the question really I THINK is just how bad do you want them and how far are you willing to go, Without giving up! Its a lot of work,time,and those bad days we all go thru and doesn't matter which model is your flavor... i think the last T-shirts we got, my wife and i from Joey says it all and is very truthful, "It takes a real man to drive a Mopar" I think and again, my wife agrees, it takes one to get them to the point you can drive them to!!!

little update ordered a cam and lifters from the guys at Chrysler power and I told about my car and he wants to do a article on my car when finished

Truck looks likes it's coming along nicely, good luck with the body shop.

Execelent Work

I just joined the group a couple of weeks ago , I can safely say Great job on your car . I started a 65 AFX sedan about 15 years ago had to store it but have started work on it again. had the same problem with rust but not quite as bad as your , had a parts car to cut most of what i needed . Again Hell of a Great job , Looking forward to seeing the body work and paint done .. What color are you going to paint it ? By the way you are not the only one with two projects , My wife say's I am certifible , I don't quite know what she means :rolling: Good luck John

Last edited:
Hey man,
Both your Mom and Dad are together!

And: furthermore, you know they are on your side...wanting you to pursue the projects!

thanks everyone your comments fuel the fire that keep me going on this journey :buffer:

Hi Poly, I just recently caught this amazing thread and I'm just blown away with all your work on your '63. I own the exact same 4dr model (no where as cool as yours) and yours is very inspiring! Will continue to watch to see the finished product.

BTW- Do you already have good pistons and rods for your Poly engine? I can help you out with these parts just in case you're interested?

Poly this is a journey that has more fun and learning that is UN-imaginable, The work, the mindset to do all you have done is unbelievable and its cool as can be to come hear and see all this, amazing work to say the least and i TRULY hope you do a video of this bad boy when its done and sitting there growling.....!...

Poly , Just figured out how to link a pic in my reply's to you here is a shot of my other project so far 7 years in the making . Good luck , can't wait til you post pics of your car in color you are my hero :blob1: .... john 1965 dodge 051.jpg1965 dodge 052.jpg

1965 dodge 051.jpg 1965 dodge 052.jpg

Last edited:
wow love that one I had a 65 barracuda at one time let it go too many projects gotta get my shop truck finished its in my way getting close though

im pretty sure if you showed someone the finished product and said you did all that by yourself they may not believe you at first until they saw the pictures of your doings. The work you have done is exquisite and i am truly amazed. what a wonderful project

im pretty sure if you showed someone the finished product and said you did all that by yourself they may not believe you at first until they saw the pictures of your doings. The work you have done is exquisite and i am truly amazed. what a wonderful project

I don't think i could put that any better, Amazing, awesome fabrication work is fact,,, Ive told people about this thread and some actually thought i was making it up because noone would do this, well there is one who did, its documented and etched into my memory, You Poly are what some may even call a metal magician, however, whatever your work rocks! if i may put it like the younger crowd might! :)

How exactly did you mount the '64 head light bezels? I'm trying to do the same thing for my '63 Dodge as I saw this post (#217) it was inspiring. :hello2: Took off my '63's over the week end and saw that they weren't a direct fit for the '64's. Finding good/affordable '63 bezels is next to impossible!

I took a cut off wheel and trimmed them flat and the screw holes lined up I will try and post some pics soon

How exactly did you mount the '64 head light bezels? I'm trying to do the same thing for my '63 Dodge as I saw this post (#217) it was inspiring. :hello2: Took off my '63's over the week end and saw that they weren't a direct fit for the '64's. Finding good/affordable '63 bezels is next to impossible!
I make 63 Dodge headlight bezels out of fiberglass

stuff happened on the way home from the store

IMG_20150303_170051.jpgadded a new member to the mopar fleet the wifey hit a deer, her mustang got totaled, and on the way to get a new one she says what about a challenger ?and i said why not............ soooo bamm a new b-5 challenger just for her now were a 2 challenger family :hello2:

IMG_20150303_170051.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back