• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 67 chargerwith PATINA

dieseldazzle

Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Not new here. Had a previous screen name but couldnt remember it or the email address attached to it.

I had a nice 66 charger I took down to bare metal then painted it back to original kk1 turqoise. Had to sell it and a few more toys to relocate with work from California to Florida.

Good news is I love it here in Florida.

The GREAT news is I bought a one owner 67 charger from California. Keeping the original california black plates because my mother in law lives there still and I keep it titled there.

Ill take more pics but right now I have to store it until I get my shop built.

Only pic I have.

History on it is the original ownder bought it out of the central valley california.

Restored it in 1989 and drove it occasionally until 1992.

He then stored it in a barn untouched until 2014 at which point I ended up with it.

There has been a TON of work to do as sitting has to be the WORST thing you can do to a car if you ask me.

New gas tank, new side window seals, new fluids, filters, hoses water pumpe, plugs, wires, cap, rotor.....the list goes on and on.

Got the headlight system working and the EL system working like they should be.

Replaced the tires and been driving it.

Its a 318 2 barrel with air.

It is a console car.

It is factory 88-1 with black vinyl top.

It is not perfect but it is very very nice and I love driving it and not worrying.

My last one was so nice after body and paint I didnt want to wash it even lol.

This one I DRIVE. Everywhere. Tho the front and rear window seals are leaking but Ill get around to that.

Anyway it has a certain "PATINA" having been sprayed a very very similar color to the original 88-1 with a small small metallic flake. It turns heads and gets more thumbs ups then my triple black 69 camaro that i actually nicer than the charger.

Thought Id share.

Ill post more pics when I get a chance.

charger camaro in driveway.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

After I replaced the dry rotted bias plys.

WOW A DIFFERENCE!!

And YES the paint code is in the original california black plate....weird.

charger pass quarter.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

FYI it was resprayed in 1989 and still wears that paint. From the door jambs and under the hood they actually did a pretty decent paint match to the original for being in 1989 tho it is still a little off if you nit pick.

Couple dents couples scratches here and there.....makes her beautiful lol

beautiful Charger, no wonder why it turns heads. you can see Camaros all the time, but Chargers, especially first gens are rare.

Thanks guys. Been a ton of work but she is starting to come together.

Got my first BJ in a charger like that. Windows all steamed up. Cop tapping on the window ; scrambling to get my pants up. LMAO.

pics or it didn't happen........

has 66 hubcaps, which look better than the OE 67 style....

Bryan

That really is a beauty, ive never seen one with the vinyl top, my first Mopar was a 67 but this one is sweet!!!

Very nice, I've been lusting after a 1st Gen Charger here in the Tampa area and these pics are helping.... (wonder if my wife would notice an extra car in the driveway?)

hi and welcome to the site ,very nice Charger that's the second one that I have seen with the Vinyl top now :blob1:

what would have came on my 67?

either the Coronet cap, or the same cap that's on the car now minus the spinner

could also have had the "Mag" style cap as well

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 236
  • auction2488.C (2).jpg
    auction2488.C (2).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 242
I like them for now. if I do anything ill do like everyone else does and either put magnum 500s on it or dog dish hubcaps and redlines cuz I actually like the dog dish look even tho I dont think they every came on chargers.

Would you happen to know if my car should have a 727 or 904 in it? I assume 904 since its just a 318 2 barrel but didnt pay attention when i was under it and its 150 miles away in storage right now.

all 66 Chargers had 727 if it came with auto transmissions

Yep, my 67 had the 318 with a 727, it went out on me and i had to replace it one February day, no fun in the snow and cold lol, its the most trouble i ever had with a Mopar and it cost me 50 bucks to buy it at the local junk yard, cant do that anymore!...

Well I washed her and waxed her and got around to taking a few more pics today. Still got a lot of work to do but she looks good and drives decent right now.top view charger at property .jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Interior interior of charger at property.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

interior at property.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

front view charger at property.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back