• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Charger R/T "Bullitt" re-creation

did you try to prime the engine with a little fuel, down the carb, to fire it up or see if it will fire anyway, then to see if it will then prime the fuel pump, sometimes it takes more than just cranking, the crap out of them, to pick up fuel & get the fuel thru the lines, up-to the carb the first time, especially if it's been sitting for a while.... good luck

Thanks for the advice. The fuel pump that is on there is not the original, so I bought a new one and am going to replace it this weekend if I get the chance. I did try and prime the engine with fuel down the carb and nothing......

Thanks for the advice. The fuel pump that is on there is not the original, so I bought a new one and am going to replace it this weekend if I get the chance. I did try and prime the engine with fuel down the carb and nothing......

If you poured a little fuel directly into the carb and nothing happened then I would say it's not a fuel problem. Just to be on the safe side unhook the fuel line from the carb and stick it a 20oz Coke bottle, or something of similar volume and crank the engine. It should fill the bottle in 30 seconds or less. I'm leaning more towards an electrical problem now. Just my 2 cents though.

Finally some progress. With the help of a few friends, we were able to get it running. The new carb needed adjustment and messed with the timing. Now we will try and fine tune it and maybe ready for a road test.

Will try, sometimes need to walk away from it for a bit to think things out, also been busy summer soo far, hopefully things will keep moving forward and not stall.....lol.

Seats

My son and I finally got the seats installed.

Attachments

• 100_1317.jpg
    100_1317.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 466
Do you have any hood clearance problems with the Torker, edelbrock and breather and are you using the stock unsilenced breater?

I installed the valve covers and the Edelbrock Torker intake manifold, next is the carb.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I just read a dyno shootout on BB Mopar intakes, as old as a design as the Torker is it kicked some #$&. Just think, they're a dime a dozen because everyone's after the "new" stuff but in reality they're an awesome intake. Glad to hear you got her running, hopefully your lucks better than mine. Enjoy

Looking sharp in there! Has she hit the road yet?
Thanks, it's turning out better than I thought for a "driver". I started it and just backed it in and out.

- - - Updated - - -

Tallhair, I don't seem to have any issues with the clearance and I am using the unsilenced stock cleaner.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read a dyno shootout on BB Mopar intakes, as old as a design as the Torker is it kicked some #$&. Just think, they're a dime a dozen because everyone's after the "new" stuff but in reality they're an awesome intake. Glad to hear you got her running, hopefully your lucks better than mine. Enjoy

747mopar, I read the same article a while back and was surprised how well the old Torker 440 kicked some butts. That is what the previous owner had installed, so I left it alone. Glad I did, just cleaned it up, painted it and put it back on. It does need a bit more manual choke when starting and bit more "finicky" until it warms up. My luck is not always the best either, will have to see when I take it for a ride around the block.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pick of her backed out.

Attachments

• 100_1321.jpg
    100_1321.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 418
Getting there, keep up the good work

I have not done too much, been busy, but trying to tune the engine when I have time. Wanna hit the road soon.

I have not done too much, been busy, but trying to tune the engine when I have time. Wanna hit the road soon.

I can relate, I need to get some stuff done on my RR too, she drives & runs great, but needs some of the parts I have installed, I still have to buy a few more parts & then it will be getting on her again & going gang busters, I really like to get most, if not all the parts before, I tear anything apart now... I don't like my car not drivable or tore apart for any period of time... I'm kind of **** that way now...LOL... But there was a time, I couldn't have ever had stuff sit on the shelves waiting to be installed, until I got the rest of the combo... I've learned to have more patients in my 40's & 50's now... good luck keep up the great work... git r' dun

Ignition wires

I decided to install new ignition wires. The older set had some rust in the terminals.

Attachments

• 100_1353.jpg
    100_1353.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 351
Car sounded good. You'll have to put a video up when you're cruisin'

Interior

Since everybody likes car "****", here is another interior shot.

Attachments

• 100_1324.jpg
    100_1324.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 293
Auto Transport Service
Back