• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Charger R/T "Bullitt" re-creation

driving

Here is a shot of me, taken by my kids on a last cruise before the nasty weather set in. My son and daughter want to drive it and learn how to drive a stick shift.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a quick vid of a test run around the block. Seems to run and drive much better than the first test run. A few more "tweeks" over the winter and will be ready for spring cruising.
http://youtu.be/j_UBUPhHf8s

Attachments

• DRIVE4.jpg
    DRIVE4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 520
Looks good. :hello2: Why does your brake system light stay on?

Good video but you need a co-pilot the next time to hold the camera. Do you always need to pump it like that to start it or is that one of the "tweeks" you got to work on over the winter?

Looks good. :hello2: Why does your brake system light stay on?
I thought the same thing, but it was caused by the emergency brake light switch. If I touched the pedal, it went off. Just to be safe, I checked the fluid in the master cylinder, was ok. Took it around again and was fine. One of those "tweeks" I have to look into.

- - - Updated - - -

Good video but you need a co-pilot the next time to hold the camera. Do you always need to pump it like that to start it or is that one of the "tweeks" you got to work on over the winter?
Since the engine was cold, I should have pulled the choke sooner, if you notice after it's pulled it started right up. As it warms up, I push it in, did not care to put in an auto choke. But it is one of those tweaks I might look into to be sure.

Congrats on the test drive. Man - I can't hardly wait until my project is at that stage. You got me a little jealous.

Man am I envious "I'm excited for you, that had to feel great". I know when I finally go for a cruze in mine you won't be able to wipe the $h!t eating grin off of my face. Congrats

Man am I envious "I'm excited for you, that had to feel great". I know when I finally go for a cruze in mine you won't be able to wipe the $h!t eating grin off of my face. Congrats
Thanks, yes was lots of fun, had to pry me out with a crowbar when I returned home..lol. With our first nasty weather they did put a light coat of salt, so looks like no more driving till spring. Look forward to when you will be able to take her 'round the block.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the test drive. Man - I can't hardly wait until my project is at that stage. You got me a little jealous.

Thanks, will look forward when you can take yours on a ride 'round the block.

Warmup

We had a break in the weather and snow. I decided to warm it to operating temperature, she idled great.

Attachments

• 100_1448.jpg
    100_1448.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 458
Too much salt on the roads to take her out for a drive. Hopefully spring will be here soon.

She's looking gorgeous! congrats on the test drive and reaching the downhill slop to the finish line of the project :icon_thumleft:

Great looking car. I just bought a 68 Charger a few weeks ago. I have to do a few things to it plus redo all the interior panels and headliner. Is there an email I could send you a message to with my number so I could get your opinion on some stuff before I start spending more money?

Click on his name and send him a private message.

Great looking car. I just bought a 68 Charger a few weeks ago. I have to do a few things to it plus redo all the interior panels and headliner. Is there an email I could send you a message to with my number so I could get your opinion on some stuff before I start spending more money?

She looking great! I do like the wheel covers, Looks classy...
Thanks, those are the same deep dish wheel covers used on the "Bullitt Charger". They were an option in '68 and '69. I got those at a flea market, all 4 for $20.........

Outside

With all the snow and cold weather, I have not been able to clean the garage and my baby has to sit out in the cold. Hopefully soon, will be back inside.

Attachments

• 100_1614.jpg
    100_1614.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 323
Clean Garage

With a break in the weather, I was able to clean out the garage and move the Charger back in, so I can start working on it again. Yay ! In a few months car shows and cruise nights !

Attachments

• 100_1474.jpg
    100_1474.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 265
Hose replacement

I had to replace the fuel line hoses, one had a small leak.

Attachments

• 100_1526.jpg
    100_1526.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 255
do I see a small fridge under there too ,cant work far from a cold one ?:thinker: :icon_pidu:

Auto Transport Service
Back