• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Coronet Build Pics

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
My Coronet has been striped down to the last screw and on a rotisserie for 6 years now. Final paint is nearly done and assembly can begin.
I thought I would share a few pics.

68 Coronet.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2215 (1).JPG

IMG_2217 (1).JPG

That is a hell of a lot of work. You must be a patient man!
Mike

Looks great. What is your color combo and driveline going to be?

The 68 Coronet is my all time favorite B Body.
I am a bit bias as my Dad bought a R/T for him and a 500 for my sister when they were new on the lot.
Good job !

Looks great. What is your color combo and driveline going to be?
It was originally RR1 Burgundy Poly with a maroon/red interior (bench seat), but I'm going with black and the same maroon/red interior. I have a 383 ready to go, .030 over, 11.5cr, perf rpm intake, headers. I've also converted the car to manual and have an 18 spline trans. going to use a dana 60 w/ 3.54s. I have several 440 & 400 cores that I may stroke out at a later date.

It was originally RR1 Burgundy Poly with a maroon/red interior (bench seat), but I'm going with black and the same maroon/red interior. I have a 383 ready to go, .030 over, 11.5cr, perf rpm intake, headers. I've also converted the car to manual and have an 18 spline trans. going to use a dana 60 w/ 3.54s. I have several 440 & 400 cores that I may stroke out at a later date.
You will really like the stroker if you go that route. I have 2 based on the 400 block and think they are great. Driving that 11.5:1 much on the street will probably get old in a hurry as far as having to mix race gas in the tank..

You will really like the stroker if you go that route. I have 2 based on the 400 block and think they are great. Driving that 11.5:1 much on the street will probably get old in a hurry as far as having to mix race gas in the tank..
I am going to run a cam that will lower dynamic CR, that and 94 octane. I ran a 440 with an engle solid cam, 11.1cr on 94 octane for several years, no problems at all, even on 92 occasionally. Maybe its the canadian gas, I also avoid any fuel mixed with enthanol.

I am going to run a cam that will lower dynamic CR, that and 94 octane. I ran a 440 with an engle solid cam, 11.1cr on 94 octane for several years, no problems at all, even on 92 occasionally. Maybe its the canadian gas, I also avoid any fuel mixed with enthanol.
A note about ethanol though, there are ethanol/gasoline blends that are 105-113 octane and will support CR's from 13.1 to 20.1. So if I learn how to build an ethanol friendly engine that may be the route.

Auto Transport Service
Back