• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

you never tell the wife first!!!! you buy it first then tell her how much it cost! first rule of being a mopar man!

Nice project, moving right along. You'll be back on the road in no time. :)

more parts

just picked up my 8 3/4. going to send it to strange and have them go thru it and put a brand new gear in it. one of my friends found me a TKO 5speed trans. waiting on price. and trying to work out a deal on a 472 HEMI. if i get the hemi the body work will be on hold for awhile. we shall see. :sFl_america2:
:merrychristmas:

If the 472 deal falls through, I have my 572 that's being freshened right now. I could make you a killer deal on that, dyno'd and all. And everyone knows that 100 extra cubes will always come in handy....

update

just scored a .489 case, and a 6.1 HEMI and 5 speed. will post pics tomorrow.:headbang:

you never tell the wife first!!!! you buy it first then tell her how much it cost! first rule of being a mopar man!

This helps if you oops.gif

Especially with the treasured HEMI..

ROSES.gif

What town of Illinois did you find "her" I live in near Chicago and I'm cryin! :confused1:.... but congrats on finding her. :headbang: Would you share the story of how you came across it?

Hemi

i found this setup on the net, and couldnt believe it. only 15 min drive from my house. looked pretty good so i picked it up and took her home. the 489 my buddy had a xtra and sold it to me. ordered a 3.55 gear and hotchkis leaf springs. gotta save up for the rest of this swap.

Attachments

• DSCN1166.jpg
    DSCN1166.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCN1167.jpg
    DSCN1167.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,062
update

i took charger360 advise so i havent told the wife nothing....why you ask...here goes. the car goes in the first week of nov. for the swap. just bought the 6 speed for the 6.1 hemi, new clutch, flywheel, rearend sent to strange, ordered all disc brake setup, radiator, new gas tank with the in tank fuel pump, tti header and mounts, mildon oil pan. gotta let my card cool down. just let you guys its gonna happen. just taken way more money than i thought. lol...i will post pics when we are working on her this winter. usaroadrunner.:beavisnbutthead:

parts

here they come.....got the flywheel and the twin disc clutch, trans should be here next wed.....WOO WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beavisnbutthead:

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1382734889907.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382734889907.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 948
Great engine and those parts! Christmas in October.. cool it is, Good luck! :)

six speed

Don't tell the wife, but my six speed its here...it's so pretty....

1028131311.jpg

Im getting jealous, All these cool parts are great, id be happy just to have my 4-speed rebuilt and ready to go, after i get all the parts to put it all together. Have fun, your secret is safe! :)

he is making all of us jealous , we`ll be watching this one nice job :blob1:

Auto Transport Service
Back