• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

Wow cool to catch up on the backstory of your car and see you're making progress man! I'm looking to do my own '70 Plymouth creation after my Charger, yours sounds like a cool plan and I'll be following along :icon_thumleft:

i found this setup on the net, and couldnt believe it. only 15 min drive from my house. looked pretty good so i picked it up and took her home. the 489 my buddy had a xtra and sold it to me. ordered a 3.55 gear and hotchkis leaf springs. gotta save up for the rest of this swap.

Dang it usarr . . . I've "only" got the 5.7L Hemi . . . ( sigh ) . . . Good for you on 6.1L ! ! !

( SMILE )

Wow, can't beleive I missed your thread "love what your doing". I think the 6.1 and six speed will make for a great driver "reliable, fast, economical, and different". Very cool build, any ideas on color or other changes you might make along the way? Should be a sweet car and I'm with you on the 318 starter car, mine was a also a 318 but was such a basket case it's titled as a self built 2013 charger haha "dammit that means I have to put shoulder belts in it".

looking real good...some quick project! can't wait for the next installment!

ordered alot of parts through modern muscle. chris and dave have been great to deal with. its gonna take a little longer than i thought to get parts, but when i get them and start cutting the plymouth up i will post pics. anyone thinking about doing this its gonna take some money. alot of it but im trying to do it right getting all the nice parts to go into it as smooth as possibly. i stripped out the seats and carpet and couldnt believe how nice the floor is and a pic of my credit card...LOL:beavisnbutthead:

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1384391474202.jpg
    ResizedImage_1384391474202.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 912
  • ResizedImage_1384391552294.jpg
    ResizedImage_1384391552294.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 921
well just got the car and motor and parts down to my buddys shop, he kinda gave me an estimate on redoing the front end and this is what im buying next....GO BIG OR GO HOME RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!LOL if i come up missing the wife found out and im buried in the backyard.:beavisnbutthead:

Attachments

• MFR161054_nosway_nobrackets.jpg
    MFR161054_nosway_nobrackets.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 889
  • magnumforce_transformer_suspension_underside.jpg
    magnumforce_transformer_suspension_underside.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:
well just got the car and motor and parts down to my buddys shop, he kinda gave me an estimate on redoing the front end and this is what im buying next....GO BIG OR GO HOME RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!LOL if i come up missing the wife found out and im buried in the backyard.:beavisnbutthead:

We'll come find you and dig you up ! ! ! ( humm . . . maybe . . . ) ( SMILE ) So you can get back to WORK on this "bad boy" ! ! !

Is that the MagnumForce front clip you're going with ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it usarr . . . I've "only" got the 5.7L Hemi . . . ( sigh ) . . . Good for you on 6.1L ! ! !

( SMILE )

Dang it USARR . . . not only do you have the 6.1, you ALSO got the 6 speed . . . I only got the 5.7 and a 5 speed . . . WAY COOL for you ! ! !

Can't wait to see this all put together . . .

We'll come find you and dig you up ! ! ! ( humm . . . maybe . . . ) ( SMILE ) So you can get back to WORK on this "bad boy" ! ! !

Is that the MagnumForce front clip you're going with ?

yes, its the new Magnumforce xrt transformer kit. im getting the base model with the power rack, and then you can add any accessories later on, like sway bar, strut braces. for a just a little bit more i decided to go with this.

yes, its the new Magnumforce xrt transformer kit. im getting the base model with the power rack, and then you can add any accessories later on, like sway bar, strut braces. for a just a little bit more i decided to go with this.

I'm still on the fence between the AlterKtion and the MagnumForce . . . but I don't need to make my decision yet.
What led you to go with the MagnumForce as opposed to the AlterKtion ?
( if you don't mind me asking ) . . . any and ALL help can help when your talking about this much "coin" ! ! !

I'm still on the fence between the AlterKtion and the MagnumForce . . . but I don't need to make my decision yet.
What led you to go with the MagnumForce as opposed to the AlterKtion ?
( if you don't mind me asking ) . . . any and ALL help can help when your talking about this much "coin" ! ! !

i was looking hard at the alterkation, like you said alot money. then i just saw the xrt transformer kit in my mopar magazine. did some research and like this setup cause you can add to it as you go. and i already had some parts so it was a grand cheaper. plus on there website it shows all the cars they did, i think its a pretty good kit. i think the alterkation is good also. jmo.

i was looking hard at the alterkation, like you said alot money. then i just saw the xrt transformer kit in my mopar magazine. did some research and like this setup cause you can add to it as you go. and i already had some parts so it was a grand cheaper. plus on there website it shows all the cars they did, i think its a pretty good kit. i think the alterkation is good also. jmo.

Thanks . . . I'm going to look at the XRT package again - thanks for the help ! !

a pic of my credit card...LOL:beavisnbutthead:

that's funny

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, how much is it ??, haven't seen any installed yet, I like the look... Magnum Force Racing, Ron Jenkins designs/has some great stuff too

that's funny

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, how much is it ??, haven't seen any installed yet, I like the look... Magnum Force Racing, Ron Jenkins designs/has some great stuff too

I talked to a few people and it looks like I'm leaning towards the alterkation kit again. The front end kits range from $3200 to $5000. This is gonna be my dream car and gonna do my best to go all out. As long as the wife don't find out. Been working 16 hr days here in Il. Tornado an storms almost got everyone restored. I keep ya posted on the progress. Thanks everyone...

Either way, both those front ends are a badass setup, definitely jealous! Gonna be awesome to see you tearing into it when the time comes. :icon_thumleft:

On a sidenote there's a maniac over on Moparts doing a twin turbo 'Cuda build, and fab'd up his own tubular front end from scratch. Pretty crazy stuff worth checking out

Somebody is spoiled haha, yeah I'd love to have your tranny for sure.

Awesome project, I am partial to the Alterkation. But they are both really nice set ups.

Good luck,

Mark

I talked to a few people and it looks like I'm leaning towards the alterkation kit again. The front end kits range from $3200 to $5000. This is gonna be my dream car and gonna do my best to go all out. As long as the wife don't find out. Been working 16 hr days here in Il. Tornado an storms almost got everyone restored. I keep ya posted on the progress. Thanks everyone...

I'm leaning toward the AlterKtion too . . . Got a lot of great print on how good the company is to work with, the ease of bolting it on, how well it works with the TTI headers and exhaust ( lots of horror stories of not getting all your parts from one place and them not fitting ) . . . and the price is right there with all the others.

Now if they would only break down and throw some kind of a Christmas discount in there . . . I might just have to jump in the and buy it ! ! !

I'm following your build . . . and researching for mine - Keep up the updates, they're much appreciated ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back