• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '70 Road Runner

Sweet find! See an interesting Dodge wagon in the background too.
he has a punch of 64-65 wagons. Thats what he raced. Pretty sure looking at this car it was raced as well the more I dig into it. The shifter was changed from a pistol grip to a T-handle, front seat belts were missing and mounts for a 4 point harness were in the floor... the rear quarter panel wheel lip was rolled for wider tires, the 23-spline trans is missing and it has an 18 spline in it. Curious to see what is in the rear end... Didn't get to see them, but supposedly there was 3 original 64 aluminum paneled cars in the shop with a pile of original wedge parts..

What a cool car.....
Welcome

Nice car. I like it. Way cleaner than my Roached Runner.

20210530_123448.jpg

And it's a coupe!! Kinda rare to find one of those.....
My 70 V-code is a coupe, as it should be (IMO) for a little stiffer structure. 18 spline 4 speed and Dana 60 Track Pack. 6bbl parts in what I'm pretty sure is a 71 block. Body panels and radiator cradle numbers match VIN, but I'm taking it far from "factory" anyway.

They made a ton of road runners... You don't want that project. I'll do you a big favor and take it off your hands! LOL

Nice man, the dust trail blends in a lot on that color,my favorite car.

The door panels are probably the `70 medium grade ones that your car is coded for, same as mine, they are not reproduced. I have a couple sets that are in decent condition I found after searching for a while.

roadrunnerdoorpanel.jpg

roadrunnerdoorpanel1.jpg

Similar to yours, 383, 727, bench seat, medium grade interior, no decor package but mine came with a Go-Wing.

20221014_103456.jpg

Similar to yours, 383, 727, bench seat, medium grade interior, no decor package but mine came with a Go-Wing.

View attachment 1466339
That is a fairly Spartan fender tag.
The tag on my 70 V-code Roadrunner is reasonably well populated, but it had no center console, no passenger mirror (I have to add one, just not sure if I'm going "factory" or maybe change both to aftermarket) and definitely no trunk deck wing, and I had to get the N96 hood because it isn't a N96 option car. No power anything (except the 440 6bbl lol)
I decoded the tag on the way to pick the car up, when we stopped for a 2 hour break/nap. I guess 1/3rd of it is "go fast" stuff.

Ya, very low option car. I`m keeping it mostly stock but am adding the air grabber hood cuz it`s just too cool not to and maybe add the dust trail and trunk stripes as well.

I think the 70-72 Air Grabber hoods where a scoop opens up out of the hood (by using a big, red switch) has to be one of the coolest options EVER built into a car by the factory!

adding the air grabber hood cuz it`s just too cool not to and maybe add the dust trail and trunk stripes as well.
I think the 70-72 Air Grabber hoods where a scoop opens up out of the hood (by using a big, red switch) has to be one of the coolest options EVER built into a car by the factory!
Agreed, even if it isn't the best performance adder out of all the fresh air options across models and manufacturers.
I was certainly compelled to add it to my 70 Roadrunner, although it's incomplete. I'm waiting until I have the 572 under the hood and determine if the ModMan will do the job.
The functional parts I'm lacking to make it go up and down will follow.
I love this YouTube video, it could be MY hood!

I love my 70 Road Runner. Definitely was optioned for go fast with the E87, N96 and A32 options :thumbsup:

fender tag.JPG

yes a great find, my favorite year also and a nice color.....

Auto Transport Service
Back