• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 70 Super Bee…finally getting close

Thanks Bumperman! It feels so good to be getting back into the Mopar thing. I took a many year detour into racing motorcycles. But how many broken bones is too many? I'm not sure, but I should have retired long ago.

And the prayers mean more than you know. I feel God running this show, and it feels real good.

DSC_8992[1].jpg

Engine bay is starting to get crowded finally!

Thanks to my grandson for all of the help! We finally have the engine where it belongs. Ahhhhh, it feels good.

DSC_9088.jpgDSC_9110.jpgDSC_9144.jpg

Nice progress, I hope to be doing that same thing is a month or so.

You didn't tell your wife what you needed those blankets for did you? :hello2:

Plumcrazybee, when I was home for a little time off I spotted a 2014 challenger that was plum crazy/shaker hood. If you get closeup to it, you can see the metalflake. My wife instantly fell in love with the car.

Thanks to everyone! It it means so much to hear the encouragement…and no MT_Mopar, I just "borrowed" those blankets from the closet. If she figures in out, I will blame her dog. It's what I blame everything on.

If she ever found out the truth, you may have to keep them close by.

If she ever found out the truth, you may have to keep them close by.

I see you have met my wife? LOL…And the dog deserves the blame it gets. One of those little fur balls that opens one eye when you come home from work. Mostly telling me to turn light back off I am sure.

- - - Updated - - -

You would think that after 20 years of working aircraft structures for various airlines that I would be able to measure. Nope. Running into hood clearance issues with Performer RPM, carb and air cleaner. Anyone have a free 1970 Coronet hood they would like to give me? Not cutting my purple Ramcharger, that much I know. What a wonderful problem to have though! My engine is in, and now I am worrying about closing the hood! It is so cool. Like 14 years of waiting to get to this point cool. And THAT is cool...

Keep up the good work, and who needs a hood anyway... Can't wait to see the finished video of your wife driving, and you in the passenger seat. Best wishes and good thoughts. Nothing like a good project to bring everyone together.

Keep up the good work, and who needs a hood anyway... Can't wait to see the finished video of your wife driving, and you in the passenger seat. Best wishes and good thoughts. Nothing like a good project to bring everyone together.

Could not have said it better my friend. This "restarted" project has brought family and friends together like I cannot believe. There is a definite greater power at work here. If you do not believe, that is your right. I do not say it to try and push anything on anyone. But I will promise you that once I started listening with my left ear (right ear was one I always listened to, and the things I heard sure sounded like a great plan at the time, but without fail ended ugly), life looks a lot different.

I just got fired Thursday (via a voicemail message) for missing too much work while taking my wife to all the hospitals and doctors the last 6 weeks. I gave boss all of the dates and times ahead of time, offered to work before opening, after opening, on weekends, from home, and from hospitals (my job could be done anywhere internet access is available), and was told not to give it a second thought. That they understood and it would be fine. Guess not…

I am not bringing this up to cry about it. I am bringing it up because I know it will work out. And now I also know I really wasn't working with the right kind of people anyway. I loved job, and got along great with everyone. But, it is a business, and they need people to be there. So I hold no ill will against them.

I am listening with my left ear.

Sorry to hear it Plumcrazy. Best of luck on finding a new job, guessing it will be for the better. Sounds pretty gutless they can't even look a man straight in the eye and explain why they're doing what they're doing. Doesn't sound like they have a leg to stand on morally speaking, so I guess the little voicemail message must have been a sweet escape for them. Bunch of cowards. Speaking of a greater power, I believe what comes around, goes around. They'll get theirs in the end. Anyways, rough road to hoe...wish you the best.

More Super Bee enjoyment!

Sorry to hear it Plumcrazy. Best of luck on finding a new job, guessing it will be for the better. Sounds pretty gutless they can't even look a man straight in the eye and explain why they're doing what they're doing. Doesn't sound like they have a leg to stand on morally speaking, so I guess the little voicemail message must have been a sweet escape for them. Bunch of cowards. Speaking of a greater power, I believe what comes around, goes around. They'll get theirs in the end. Anyways, rough road to hoe...wish you the best.

Thank you Propwash! It is a crappy thing to have happen even when times are good, but a real downer when you are in the situation we are in. But I believe the Big Man with the throttle will point me in right direction.

These pics were last night. As somebody mentioned, who needs a hood anyway? Maybe I will go with a fiberglass lift off like Freiburger's Bee. That big six pack hood looks pretty hot.

Got Dana looking pretty good in my opinion. As I mentioned before, internals were amazingly good. Hope I keep lucking out with the car. If it is truly luck. But I kind of feel it is more than luck. Putting engine in with Grandson was epic, and wife took pics all day. And I think she forgot about cancer for a few hours;. And that is incredible! :hello2:

And seriously, all of the support and prayers have made a huge difference! So thank you again. We are very humbled by it.

DSC_9272.jpgDSC_9273.jpgDSC_9270.jpg

Would a drop base air cleaner get you where you need to be as far as clearance? The guys with the Gen II Chargers know all to well about hood clearance issues. Maybe one of them will pipe in. I have to run a drop base on my air cleaner to fit the 512 under the stock type hood on my bird.

Plumcrazybee, sounds like you are taking your latest set back in stride, but that sounds like a mean thing your bosses did to you. Something else to pray about. I admire how you're looking at it in a positive light, and know it will bet better. More time to spend with your wife right now - keep taking her mind off her health like you've been doing!

Pretty pictures indeed. That purple turned out just the right shade, I've seen some that were too silvery or too blue. Everything looks great...

Would a drop base air cleaner get you where you need to be as far as clearance? The guys with the Gen II Chargers know all to well about hood clearance issues. Maybe one of them will pipe in. I have to run a drop base on my air cleaner to fit the 512 under the stock type hood on my bird.

Yeah, that Edelbrock air cleaner doesn't look like it is helping you out at all. I got the best hood clearance using a 1.25 drop base, K&N Extreme 2 5/16 element, and a K&N Extreme filtered top.

Yeah, that Edelbrock air cleaner doesn't look like it is helping you out at all. I got the best hood clearance using a 1.25 drop base, K&N Extreme 2 5/16 element, and a K&N Extreme filtered top.

You are right about a drop base air cleaner. I tried fitting the stock ramcharger assembly with the stock air filter and lid. RPM manifold just a little too tall. So for now I took hood hinges off, and when I have the money I'm buying a fiberglass hood with a scoop. It'll never see rain(hopefully) so I will go hoodless for a short time. I do like that black hood Dave Freiburger has on his Hemi Bee. Probably go with that.

And seriously, thank you all for your continued support of not only the Bee, but my wife an I as well. We will get through this, and on the other side of it we will be back to life.

Thanks!

Dean

Auto Transport Service
Back