• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '77 Cordoba

Great job!!! Thanks for sharing and keep the pictures coming!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

VERY nice job. I have a friend and happens to be the prez of our Mopar club with a 77 Charger. I always loved those cars as I had a 78 Magnum. But they are so un-noticed it's sad. Great part of Mopar history.
Pops_Car-1.jpg

I'm liking that Monaco police car in the garage too! :glasses2:
74, 75 or 76? There are several folks who have old State Trooper cars around here we see from time to time
dodge-squad.jpg

What size wheels and tires are on that 77 Charger?

Great looking car. FYI- on your gages....there are police options in similar vehicles with 150mph speedometers. I used them in the past and worked fine, just plug & play.

There was a thread on here, or maybe another forum? about them. I don't have any part #'s off hand. They are a simple plug in replacement. Only downside with them, is they don't work %100 with the dimmer switch. They dim down maybe %25 then just shut off.

The main things to look forward when getting some, is make sure thy are "super bright" as regular LEDs arn't bright enough. Also make sure they are wedge bulbs (led's all the way around, and not just one led in one direction).

I got em off eBay for fairly cheap. Blue looks the best imo. Google your bulb number to led bulb. Then can hunt for them. They are still a little dim to me, but are a ton better then the oold bulbs with covers.

From the picture you took it looks like they are just your typical 194 bulb. I found a pack of 20 on Amazon (super bright) for $10. I think I'm going to go with green to keep the original in my uncles '79. Planning to start an engine overhaul on it in the coming weeks. Have an extra 360 that we are gonna take 40 over. Car hasn't been driven in a long time. 360 with a lean burn just ran like crap!

Thanks guys!

I havn't been on in a while. Yea the led's have your trypical 194 plug. I had to bend the tabs out on a couple to get a good contact, as well as wiggle them a little. The plugs are a cheap plastic.

Nothing really happening with the Cordoba. Its been in biweekly daily driver rotation with my truck, and doing good.

My fuel sending unit (I believe) took a dump. Gas gauge wont go above/below a quarter tank. Is there 25 gallon tank sending units available? I believe I found one for a 22, but not 25.

Also took the car by the paint shop the other day for a quote. Really want to getit done, but have to wait for the othercar to be finished first lol. Too much on my plate as it is.

I did FINALLY get the bluesmobile back on its feet, and out of the garage for the first time since Oct 2013. That felt awesome!

I needed a fuel sending unit for my 76 last year. I found a NOS on e-world from Van's. Haven't seen one since. I thought if I ever needed one again I would get one from a early 70's bboby and bend and trim to fit. Blumo lookin' great!

I needed a fuel sending unit for my 76 last year. I found a NOS on e-world from Van's. Haven't seen one since. I thought if I ever needed one again I would get one from a early 70's bboby and bend and trim to fit. Blumo lookin' great!
Also, I took the sock and float (which was partially eaten through) off and soaked it in "Evaporust" hit it with some steel wool, soaked and repeated. It was in really bad shape! It seems to still work, in that I'm getting a change in resistance as I swing the arm. You might want to give it a try.

Thanks 71newp!

Yea, I gotta pull it out, and take a peek at it. The other morning when I fired it up to go to work the needle went up to full (it did have a full tank) but only stayed there for a minute. So I'm thinking the float is still good.

I've been keeping an eye out. I did see one on a site a while back for '75 cordobas. Can't remember if it was for the big, or small tank though..

Auto Transport Service
Back