• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car is finally done!

Darius

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
Well, there are a million little adjustments and dial-ins to do but the real heavy lifting work is done. 6 years in the making,I am actually kind of stunned that it really did get done...pretty wierd huh? IMG_1390.jpgIMG_1383.jpgIMG_1384.jpgIMG_1385.jpgIMG_1386.jpgIMG_1388.jpgIMG_1389.jpg

Congrats. Yours has been one of the best watching as it all came together. Your attention to detail was awesome and it really shows in the end.

Congrats! The only reason we are coming to Sacramento this weekend is to see your car. Looking forward to it.

That is pure class Darius and no doubt is going to be a hit anywhere you go. I predict it will be featured somewhere nationally soon

Congrats Brother! All the hard work and dollars spent have paid off she looks amazing! Hope you can make plenty of time to enjoy it now!

Very nice Darius. Hard work and dedication does indeed produce an amazing end product. Congrats!!

Fantastic Build you got there Darius . . . Very impressive.

Great job and attention to details . . . it will be a HIT everywhere you go . . . ENJOY it now ! ! !

Nice! Now, post the costs...I'm betting you stopped tabulating them when you started grafting the LX into the B Body! lol

That is a great looking completed build :icon_thumright: I see many updated modes on, in the int..witch I enjoy learning about.
I need to go look at your restoration thread :icon_colors: Congratulations on a very well thought out build :eusa_clap:

Couple of answers..
It has a 5.7 in it bone stock. It wants to run and I am anxious but need to get it aligned and dial in shift points.

Donny, I have not added the costs up, lets just say it was over my annual salary and was probably 1/2 again as much as I thought it might be at least. I personally have over 1500 hours in it and Dean has many 100's of hours in as well. I sure learned a lot and if I did this build again it would be way less.

this has been a very good thread to look at photos and read the text along with it , well now , what the hell are you going to do ,this is a beautiful 70 GTX thanks for sharing all of this with us :headbang:

Great Build!! really like the reso/mod attack. very satisfying when that kind of project gets done. Like you say now comes the dial-in which will go on along with tinkering.

Auto Transport Service
Back