• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

I had an offer that I couldn't refuse. My wife was asking me if I planned to put air conditioning in my car. She said that I should make sure that I did and to make sure that I did she offered to pay for the cost of all of the parts so I ordered the classic air kit.
IMG_2327.JPG

The kit came packed in those foam packing peanuts. They were so static electrically charged after pulling everything out that I spent an hour trying to get them off me, the parts, and my yard. I would shake one off and three more would come flying back on to me.:lol:

I don't have my rear top quarter panels and I am trying to figure how to attach the top trim felt. Does anyone know how I need to attach these? Weather strip glue?
IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

These came with my top cat felt kit and believe they may be what is used, somehow.,not sure. But I don't see anywhere else they would go.

20180526_222639.jpg

These came with my top cat felt kit and believe they may be what is used, somehow.,not sure. But I don't see anywhere else they would go.

View attachment 610362
Thank you, that makes sense. It seems like you would need a special tool to install them.
I will look through my things but I don't remember seeing them in my kit. I could have misplaced them though. I have been known to misplace things before.:)
I could easily pop rivet them together.

I spent yesterday working on installing my interior panels. None of them just fit right in. They all took some custom fitting.
On the rear uppers I did find a bag of little screws that I think were intended to fasted the cat whisker sweeps to the upper panel. I decided to attach them with pop-rivets.
IMG_2335.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG

On the upper driver panel I had to custom fit around the adjustable mirror lever. The extruded foam had filled the hole and had to be cleaned out under the vinyl to make it thin enough that I could get the keeper threaded on.
IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

I also had to trim and adjust all of the other panels to make them fit.
IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

I hope that you are going to remove the door panels and paint the exposed yellow portions of the door (inside of the door gasket) black, as it should be.

I hope that you are going to remove the door panels and paint the exposed yellow portions of the door (inside of the door gasket) black, as it should be.
Thanks Richard. I am sure I will be taking them off and on a few more times. Seems that is what I do with all of my parts. I will make sure that there is no exposed yellow where I don't want it. I still don't have the edge trim and moldings on ether. The bottom section of the door that is not covered will remain yellow.

Looking sharp! Those rear panel catwhiskers were stapled on. Same as my 62 Plymouth trim, I clamped the trim to the panel and drilled the holes for the staples and bent them over with needle nosed pliers. Screws work much better.

I've been trying to figure out what parts I need and where and how to set all of the parts that bolt on the engine.
I also blacked out my radiator support so that the yellow won't show through behind my grill when I get it installed.
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2349.JPG

You've oversprayed the black. The upper crossbar should be yellow.
Thanks Mark,
I know I leave you wincing every time I do something. There are many things that I would do different if I knew before hand. Many of the things I do know are because things I have learned from your posts and others on this site. It's a good thing this is not a numbers matching original car and that I am building it for me.
Keep me posted, I am always taking suggestions to mind.

Thanks Mark,
I know I leave you wincing every time I do something. There are many things that I would do different if I knew before hand. Many of the things I do know are because things I have learned from your posts and others on this site. It's a good thing this is not a numbers matching original car and that I am building it for me.
Keep me posted, I am always taking suggestions to mind.

You need to always, always, check with me first. :D

I have tried several configurations and brackets trying to make all of my pulleys align and everything fit. I have settled on this configuration and with spacers in the right place I feel that the pulleys are aligned. I still have some adjustments to do but I have been focusing now on my throttle set up and all of the connections and kick down brackets.
My goal it to get my engine running this summer.
IMG_2416.JPG

I used an extension cord to measure the length of the belts to buy.
IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

Good work. Took me about a month to get everything lined up. Lots of options!

Auto Transport Service
Back