• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My conversation with a Millennial Mopar guy.

SteveSS

Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
I pulled over to help a young man that had sheared off his left front wheel on his Volvo and this is what we talked about. He had 18 cars. He was 32 and his collection was mostly Mopar. I found it interesting to see what the younger collectors are interested in.

He had a few Turbo LeBarons. A couple of Shelby GLH Turbos and Chargers. A Rampage, a Shelby Lancer, A Daytona Turbo, a Daytona Pacifica. One outlier was a '66 Toronado. He liked the 80's boxy look and when in the 90's things got more rounded he lost interest.
I took him to the Auto Zone which had no bolts for his wheel hub. I then took him back to his car where he was going to steal bolts from other wheels to get the car rolling again.

Cool to know where things are headed.

That is encouraging.. My buddy had a labaron GTS Turbo that little 2.2 would scream...

It's all in our body of experience & our frame of reference. I tip my cap to him.

I know. My son would attend the local car club stuff called Wicked 719 in keeping with the area code nomenclature. He would take the '71 Challenger while everyone else had rice or BMWs. If we are talking about stuff young people can afford the 80's turbo stuff makes sense.

The only cars i will drive without a chrysler star are old redblock volvos. I have three mopars and two old volvos... this must be my long lost twin brother.

I'm 36 and have had most of my chargers about half my life. I'm also into teens thru 30's cars. And I have an appreciation for late 70's early 80's cars. And I'm building a couple speedsters out of Mish mash parts. I'm not big on 40's, 50's, or 90's body styles.

I'm 29 and over in Europe and I'm trying to get a project roadrunner. I will never have the money to own 32 cars (wow) but I'm hoping to get a mopar truck in the future too. My friend, (same age) also into mopars, he is looking for a Jeep Comanche. We're all over the globe!

I'm 29 and over in Europe and I'm trying to get a project roadrunner. I will never have the money to own 32 cars (wow) but I'm hoping to get a mopar truck in the future too. My friend, (same age) also into mopars, he is looking for a Jeep Comanche. We're all over the globe!

Greek/Mediteranian food - best stuff in the world, in my opinion! Clean, healthy and flavorful!

WHAT is it like trying to get a classic Mopar in Greece? It's hard work but fun here but overseas? Can't imagine.

WHAT is it like trying to get a classic Mopar in Greece? It's hard work but fun here but overseas? Can't imagine.

Well these cars never made their way to Europe back then so only way to get one is importing and it hasn't been easy. For the last year I've been on ebay and facebook marketplace everyday. Contacted several people. The cars are there. Mopar prices have gone up a lot the last year. Same time last year you could find running, numbers matching 69 RRs for 17,000 but not anymore. But the biggest problem was finding sellers willing to take a wire transfer and wait for the transport that could take 2-3 weeks. It has mostly been cash on hand, first come first served.

I think the guy is 32 and has 18 cars. That's still a lot. I have almost that many.

Yeah. Read that wrong. But still :p 18 cars wow

I get frustrated when I hear know it all type middle aged car guys saying the vintage car hobby will die off soon as younger people have no interest in cars.
Trying to paint everyone with the same brush is always ignorant.
A buddy of mine at work is around 32 and he has at least 9 cars. He isn't devoted to just one make like many of are, so he has vehicles from all the big 3 in his hoard.
But he has an disproportionate % of Mopars in the makeup. A 39 Dodge Businessmans coupe, a 59 Dodge Station wagon, a 2001 CTD Ram 2500 and his most recent purchase which is a late 90s Cherokee 5.9 are his Mopars.
I'm turning 60 later this year and I don't think I've owned 18 cars in my life. I've only owned 16 I can think of offhand. I just rarely got rid of any of the good ones, I currently own 7, one of them being my first car, a Challenger I bought when I was 16 and another Challenger I have had 25 years!
As long as gas is available, the vintage car hobby will never die!

Well these cars never made their way to Europe back then so only way to get one is importing and it hasn't been easy.
in 1971 3 export build HemiCuda convertibles went to France; I don't know about the years before or after, or even lesser models but if those went then I am sure others did too.

Auto Transport Service
Back