• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My free 69 charger R/T restoration

Thanks guys, I planned to run magnum 500s and maybe like a 235/60R15 BFG radial T/A. I’m sure this combo will work ok all the way around?

Hello everyone. It’s been a minute. I’m finally getting back at the charger after way too long. (Such is life). I am wondering if anyone who has installed rear frame rails, and crossmember in their 68-70b body has seen this. There is a bit of a gap between the tab so the rail and the crossmember.any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1C090FB5-0A67-40A9-BED6-32BEF3B09295.jpeg

0730D79B-5E91-432F-88BA-8EEDEFBD163A.jpeg

I had the same issue with mine. The tabs are just bent wrong you need to "adjust" them a bit.

Hello everyone. It’s been a minute. I’m finally getting back at the charger after way too long. (Such is life). I am wondering if anyone who has installed rear frame rails, and crossmember in their 68-70b body has seen this. There is a bit of a gap between the tab so the rail and the crossmember.any insight would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1421171

View attachment 1421172
Glad to hear you are back on this. Tough to get back up to speed when you walk away from a project for this long but you should ve close to assembling the sheetmetal by now, right?

the trunk pan wraps over all of that, and its not really a big deal..... whats is holding it down? the bumber bolt hole alignment? ...... I'd probably raise it up a little and open up the bolt holes a little; just so you don't have to beat the crap out of the rear of the trunk pan to make it sit flush for welding

the trunk pan wraps over all of that, and its not really a big deal..... whats is holding it down? the bumber bolt hole alignment? ...... I'd probably raise it up a little and open up the bolt holes a little; just so you don't have to beat the crap out of the rear of the trunk pan to make it sit flush for welding
Thanks Nxcoupe and eldubb440, I think I got it. Issue was there is a semi-circle cut into the rear of the frame rail and a hole punched in the rear cross rail that is suppose to sit inside the semi-circle. The semi-circle was in the wrong spot on the rail not allowing the crossmember to be raised without pulling it out of the semi-circle.

4A43916C-2961-49A5-92AA-B0060DC83497.jpeg

656B54EC-6520-4767-B61A-E039E1F82E66.jpeg

Look at all those screen names that we don't see anymore.

Kern, I haven’t even been on the sites much in the last few years. Mopars have taken a back burner. New little one in fall of 18. Covid messing stuff up. Some work stuff keeping me busy. Car accident etc. Anyway, back at her now in full force.

Glad to hear you are back on this. Tough to get back up to speed when you walk away from a project for this long but you should ve close to assembling the sheetmetal by now, right?
NXcoupe, I spent 3 days over the last 2 weeks rechecking the jig for level. Rechecking and adjusting the frame rails and rockers for level and squareness and locking them in place spent some time today burning some stuff together permanently. Soon ready to lay in the floors. Front is ready to burn in but need to fit the under seat pan and trunk pan still. Than the arduous task of fitting sheet metal.

NXcoupe, I spent 3 days over the last 2 weeks rechecking the jig for level. Rechecking and adjusting the frame rails and rockers for level and squareness and locking them in place spent some time today burning some stuff together permanently. Soon ready to lay in the floors. Front is ready to burn in but need to fit the under seat pan and trunk pan still. Than the arduous task of fitting sheet metal.
I have faith, you'll knock this out without a sweat. Bet the little guy is old enough to come out and play too.

I have faith, you'll knock this out without a sweat. Bet the little guy is old enough to come out and play too.
He’s been after me for awhile now to work on it! He’ll be 9 this summer. He was 5 months old when I drug this thing out of the woods.

What a massive project, and such great progress and skill shown so far. Congrats on bringing the car back to life. :thumbsup:

One of the tabs on my passenger’s side rear frame rail was bent down and pressed against the rear crossmember. This was from the factory - not sure what the guy assembling my car was smoking that day.

Look at all those screen names that we don't see anymore.
No one says I dissappear...no one!!

With that being said, is SFSI still on here and the Bladecutter? It's been awhile lol.

Some progress. Torsion crossmember burned into the rockers. Got the rockers all welded together minus a few plug welds. Front floor braces are welded in as well. Had to take apart my new front leaf spring mounts as they were all jacked up. Goodmark I bought 8 years ago (they are junk). Anyway I got them fixed up now and burned in permanent. Also got the front floor all prepped and ready To burn in as well. Rear crossmember is all ready to burn in as well as rear leaf mounts. Small progress but progress at least.

EFB07398-8B5D-46C9-8E1A-C6F52D78EF18.jpeg

CB604AA8-008F-40B8-AB7B-804FD5F71370.jpeg

6380E759-7DA9-4E30-9DA4-443E18D6B50C.jpeg

02A87C67-3C9C-40AA-BA4A-3E955A5ADDB0.jpeg

8751F408-31FC-46B3-A765-FFC64C2A5D52.jpeg

B8CAEC1E-241D-475C-92E3-46DD85CF0A3B.jpeg

A8B98202-0F15-4741-B41D-A718CB935A2F.jpeg

06078344-667A-4CEC-A53A-89CFCCA9E058.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, impressive the amount of work you are doing to save this car.

Remind me to buy some stock in welding supplies companies! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back