• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Half *** Resto Mod Thread

Did the glass guy pump in some butyl sealer under the gaskets before setting the lock strip and trim in? On my Coronet I had the front glass replaced but they had to come back out and pump some butyl under the gasket to stop the water intrusions.

Did the glass guy pump in some butyl sealer under the gaskets before setting the lock strip and trim in? On my Coronet I had the front glass replaced but they had to come back out and pump some butyl under the gasket to stop the water intrusions.
Yes he did. In the front and back.

The title made me suspect that you were using a self-deprecating description because it didn't have a GEN 3 Hemi vs "original" style engine.
Some say that's a true "resto-mod" when you use a more modern engineered motor...
Regardless, the car is great looking and will be great to drive!
Although I have modded my 70 V-code Roadrunner towards the drag strip and "boulevard bruiser" direction, "resto-mod" w/a splash of "pro-street" is likely a description that will fit once the 572 and wheel tubs to fit steamroller rear tires is done.
Many times I think I have approached the level of top dollar bringing "resto-mod" like we see on Mecum or Barrett-Jackson, but my budget and skill level fall short. Still, I enjoy driving it in the all too rare time I have, and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
My current mods and description are in my novella signature.
Screenshot_20210331-041938_Gallery.jpg
20201010_134601.jpg
Screenshot_20220103-183947_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
The title made me suspect that you were using a self-deprecating description because it didn't have a GEN 3 Hemi vs "original" style engine.
Some say that's a true "resto-mod" when you use a more modern engineered motor...
Regardless, the car is great looking and will be great to drive!
Although I have modded my 70 V-code Roadrunner towards the drag strip and "boulevard bruiser" direction, "resto-mod" w/a splash of "pro-street" is likely a description that will fit once the 572 and wheel tubs to fit steamroller rear tires is done.
Many times I think I have approached the level of top dollar bringing "resto-mod" like we see on Mecum or Barrett-Jackson, but my budget and skill level fall short. Still, I enjoy driving it in the all too rare time I have, and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
My current mods and description are in my novella signature.
View attachment 1509962View attachment 1509963View attachment 1509964
That car looks awesome. I’ll probably never never put a modern engine in my car, ever. It’ll always have some type of big block in it. Rather it’s a Hemi or a 440. I love the cup holders you have also. I’m still thinking that one out.

That car looks awesome. I’ll probably never never put a modern engine in my car, ever. It’ll always have some type of big block in it. Rather it’s a Hemi or a 440. I love the cup holders you have also. I’m still thinking that one out.
Thank you so much!
Regarding the cup holders, I will keep an amazing story short and say I wanted them, so I got them. Blue Thunder and the company that was working with them sent me a BARE version of the B-body automatic factory console equipped replacement console they were making and selling online. I had BEEN searching HARD for a center console since I had my factory bench seat out and SOLD, and the SCAT ProCar bucket seats installed. I really like the Mopar factory center console for manual transmission equipped cars, BUT OMG!!! by the time you buy the large plastic molded parts, that's not that bad, but EVERYTHING ELSE, and another $400-$500 for the CRAZY bended Hurst shift lever....EEK!!
So I made modifications to the bare console they sent me, took lots of pictures and measurements, diligently reported and explained in GREAT DETAIL all of that data, and sent it back to them.
They asked me what materials and colors I wanted and on what surfaces of the NEW CONSOLE that "we" designed together for my car, and about 6 weeks later-VOILA! that BEAUTIFUL console was delivered to me, and I did my HAPPY DANCE!

Thank you so much!
Regarding the cup holders, I will keep an amazing story short and say I wanted them, so I got them. Blue Thunder and the company that was working with them sent me a BARE version of the B-body automatic factory console equipped replacement console they were making and selling online. I had BEEN searching HARD for a center console since I had my factory bench seat out and SOLD, and the SCAT ProCar bucket seats installed. I really like the Mopar factory center console for manual transmission equipped cars, BUT OMG!!! by the time you buy the large plastic molded parts, that's not that bad, but EVERYTHING ELSE, and another $400-$500 for the CRAZY bended Hurst shift lever....EEK!!
So I made modifications to the bare console they sent me, took lots of pictures and measurements, diligently reported and explained in GREAT DETAIL all of that data, and sent it back to them.
They asked me what materials and colors I wanted and on what surfaces of the NEW CONSOLE that "we" designed together for my car, and about 6 weeks later-VOILA! that BEAUTIFUL console was delivered to me, and I did my HAPPY DANCE!
Great story, love how it turned out.

Great story, love how it turned out.
On Uncle Tony's Garage, he said the odd, multiple curves in the factory console shift rod made the 2nd to 3rd shift difficult because the bends make the shifter want to rotate.
I was able to retain the "no console" shifter that came in my car, and while it's long, it's arrow straight.
I'm just going to post a couple of pictures since you are kind enough to compliment it, and to give a better idea how it looks in its environment. I hope you don't mind and thanks again!
Screenshot_20230815_230913_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230815_230930_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230815_230946_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230815_231216_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
On Uncle Tony's Garage, he said the odd, multiple curves in the factory console shift rod made the 2nd to 3rd shift difficult because the bends make the shifter want to rotate.
I was able to retain the shifter that came in the car, and while it's long, it's arrow straight.
I'm just going to post a couple of pictures since you are kind enough to compliment it, and to give a better idea how it looks in its environment. I hope you don't mind and thanks again!
View attachment 1510366View attachment 1510367View attachment 1510368View attachment 1510369
Don’t mind at all. I love it!!

Been working on my license plate. In Kentucky we are aloud to run these as long as we have the correct plates in the car with registration of course. This is also the county I’m from.

Well, got it mostly together. Still need to button up a few things. We went to a pretty good evening show Sunday. My son took his 83 Monte SS and we had a good time. Everyone absolutely loved the car. I’m kind of still in shock with the amount of outpouring love everyone gave my car. I still have a few bugs I’ll be working out but the blood, sweat and tears seems like it was all worth it. I’ve had this car for about 20 years and it felt so good to be able to drive it again.

CA6B48BE-7331-411C-8A3A-03CCAEF813D3.jpeg

2A529322-60F0-4829-9C10-E4FD080A5E53.jpeg

D7A8E2CB-3486-4849-926E-8770E8B7A628.jpeg

29381105-EC3D-4A85-878F-6B95B1FFB380.jpeg

DCB9EC31-3A29-4307-B862-3610352939C8.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back