• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Half *** Resto Mod Thread

As you can tell from the picture to the left, I love the FF4 green also. Mine was originally FF4, but in terrible condition. I stripped it to bare metal and had the Pros address the prior body damage and repaint with epoxy primer, then ppg paint and clear. A photo of the car the day I dropped it off at the body shop.View attachment 1470749
Looking great!!! Yeah I used PPG Deltron. Had to call the PPG Library to get the mix. I can’t remember the PPG clear we used but it was high dollar.The base/clear in FF4 looks amazing. Best decision I ever did was sticking with FF4.

Doesn't look half *** to me. You went the full *** route.

View attachment 1470810
Thanks! I really appreciate that. It ain’t perfect, never will be, trying like hell with my OCD. Went to a car show yesterday and realized mine may be just as good as some of the best but mine is not a trailer queen and will probably receive some battle scars sooner or later and I’ve come to accept that when you drive them.

Thanks! I really appreciate that. It ain’t perfect, never will be, trying like hell with my OCD. Went to a car show yesterday and realized mine may be just as good as some of the best but mine is not a trailer queen and will probably receive some battle scars sooner or later and I’ve come to accept that when you drive them.
And drive it you should! The way I see it they are cars to be driven. Who buys a $70 pen and doesn't write with it?

And drive it you should! The way I see it they are cars to be driven. Who buys a $70 pen and doesn't write with it?
Exactly! We went to a cruise in yesterday and my 18 year old boy took his 83 Monte SS, my brother took the 55 210 Chevy, my uncle took his Indian Motorcycle and my boy, wife and daughter had a blast. We followed my my brother back home and my boy said, dad I can’t wait till you get the Charger back on the road so we can all cruise together. He’s loves the cruise ins and it makes me so happy to see him becoming a car guy.

... mine is not a trailer queen and will probably receive some battle scars sooner or later and I’ve come to accept that when you drive them.
My 70 Road Runner was damn near perfect after it was restored. A couple of weeks after it was done I drove it across country. Yes, it got dirty, it got dings, and it got paint chips. But I wouldn't trade that trip for the world...

D07_DSC_0008.JPG

D12_DSC_0107.JPG

D18_DSC_0001.JPG

D22_DSC_0027.JPG

D27_DSC_0040.JPG

So I fully agree, drive and enjoy them - leave the prefect cars for museums! :thumbsup:

My 70 Road Runner was damn near perfect after it was restored. A couple of weeks after it was done I drove it across country. Yes, it got dirty, it got dings, and it got paint chips. But I wouldn't trade that trip for the world...

View attachment 1471125

View attachment 1471126

View attachment 1471127

View attachment 1471128

View attachment 1471129

So I fully agree, drive and enjoy them - leave the prefect cars for museums! :thumbsup:
That RR is absolutely beautiful! And that’s exactly what I’m going to do is enjoy it.

Glad to see all the pics of your car. Nothing looks half ***'d from here. Wish mine was that far along.

Glad to see all the pics of your car. Nothing looks half ***'d from here. Wish mine was that far along.
It’s took me a long, long time to get here. It’s been a struggle for sure.

Great job , nothing half *** bout that
What mirrors did you use?
Those are the mirrors that came on it from the factory, G-36 painted racing mirrors. Just a handful of 70 RT Chargers got them, late year intro. I believe they are the same as A-body mirrors but can’t remember.

Those are the mirrors that came on it from the factory, G-36 painted racing mirrors. Just a handful of 70 RT Chargers got them, late year intro. I believe they are the same as A-body mirrors but can’t remember.
I love the car , great job , iv been looking at the Abody mirrors wondering if they would fit bbody , yours is the first B-Body iv seen with sport mirrors, did any gtx or rr come with them ?

I love the car , great job , iv been looking at the Abody mirrors wondering if they would fit bbody , yours is the first B-Body iv seen with sport mirrors, did any gtx or rr come with them ?
Thank you! I have seen a few with em.

Been going at the interior. What an absolute pain in the ***, especially putting the felt on the rear upper pads. I’d figure I’d knock the interior out pretty quick but holy **** was I ever wrong! Got the glove box light hooked up and some other wiring done. Just have to tidy it up. Going to try and the get the carpet, front seats and some other stuff done tomorrow. I’ve got the 70 license plate from the exact county I’m from that I’m also getting restored that I’m going to run on the car.

E5AB74B4-8932-48B3-98DA-F3D4254B0EB5.jpeg

472292C8-A493-48C8-8430-E3FF80A42AB9.jpeg

8CCDB103-A73A-49FF-8BCB-F391A5FB52D5.jpeg

C80F3BF1-019D-4754-9553-4DBA266D45E5.jpeg

BBA1AF7B-EA4F-4CA3-8095-5F12CD3D4BB8.jpeg

C2BFD0F8-181E-4BE6-83C7-9D41E8F78CD5.jpeg

C90F7F47-7BF7-4677-826E-72071CDA64E7.jpeg

Well got the glass and trim in. Glass guy did a hell of a job. Of course the trim was a pain in the *** but it was the original trim and it fit in place nicely. The rear painted organisol stripe turned out great. Looks sweet in person. Should have been like this from the factory.

6671696D-9FF7-4CFC-841E-C5460D62EA27.jpeg

CCAB6F0E-8DFB-4907-B01C-0221E990F53C.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back