• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My introduction and The Getaway Coronet

Muddy Udders

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Howdy all, I picked up a rusted out 67 4dr Coronet 500 roller a few years back and a complete 67 4dr 440 for my parts car. I know, I know, sorry.
Well I've just got around to starting the build. I post sporadically on youtube (muddyudders) and am going to try and document the build.
I will be doing floor pans and torsion Crossmember, and a wheel well, previous owner started to tub it,, along with absolutely everything else from the 4dr.
The plan: put the 2dr back into stock trim w/ 383 727.
If anyone has any helpful suggestions I'm all ears and take criticism well.

Both cars were identical builds except for the obvious trim levels.

Thank you all for all the information I've already pulled while lurking the past few years.
This isn't a "restoration" as much as just a rebuild.
The 4dr was previously owned by a fellow that I'm pretty sure robbed a bank, which is the reason for the getaway name.
Thanks again and I'm sure I will see you around.

Muddy

Welcome to the group Muddy!! We like pictures of rusty works in progress so everyone will be hitting you up for some!

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Welcome from NY!

Welcome from Alabama, I too have destroyed 4 doors to save a 2 door. Best to you on your build.

welcome to the site....... I found some

00000029.jpg

Although I haven't seen the bottom, it doesn't seem as bad as you described.

Although I haven't seen the bottom, it doesn't seem as bad as you described.

It isn't horrible. The crossmember is non existent out board of the subframe on the passenger side. Floor has been cut for the connectors has thinned out and is holey due to rust. Body is straight due to some repairs the previous owner did, some bondo in places. I believe he was going to drag race it. Spare wheel well removed and fuel cell mounted on a plate in the trunk.

Welcome from AZ...

ps.. you can put more than one pic on a post... :thumbsup:

Sorry I'm old and come from the post padding era.
Your not old, I got 20 years on you. If I had those years back, I could build another 15-20 cars for my collection. This Satellite ate 3 parts cars and a bunch of AMD products.
20211207_133224.jpg

Welcome from Tx!!!! Love those models.
I guess I'm *** backwards, I cut up a 2 door to save a four door!!! :poke::popcorn:

Actually I saved the four door as it ran/drive and was so solid. Go figure.
Yea I have plenty of 2 door cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back