• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Doba

The project is now complete. I obtained grills are from a later model Doba. After soda blasting by Soda Pro, they were painted pearl black by Luxury Auto Body to match up with the rest of the car.

Tires and shocks were replaced in August. The tires are Firestone Indy 500’s with a W speed rating. Size is 245/45R20 running on 10 in. rims. This car loves to run the freeways. Rock solid at 90 with lots of pedal left.

IMG_162_Sep_29_2016.jpg

Last month I was at a car show with Morticia and we won one of four trophies awarded. The inscription reads.

BUDD’S Kerrfest 2016
VINTAGE CAR SHOW
ONE of the BEST

I've been stopped twice now by people wanting to buy the car without even knowing what it is. When I ask if they know what kind of car it is the reply has been "I don't care - I love it". I explain that I just finished it and want to enjoy it for awhile. One guy insisted on exchanging phone number and promised to call me once a year until I'm ready to sell.
IMG_163_Sep_29_2016.jpg

All your time and effort sure shows.Wow,great job. You are lucky,most of us 75-79 guys can't even give our cars away when trying to sell.

You are now an official member of the Green doba with white top club.

DSCN1175.JPG

20180119_150232.jpg
20180315_204110.jpg
My wife bought me a 78 Cordoba for Christmas. I was wondering if i could get some more information on the Cherokee brake swap mentioned earlier. I am also wondering if anyone knows where i could find covers to fit all of the dome lights in the car? Thank you for any help i can get.

View attachment 589239

Last edited:
For Light covers check out the 80's Dodge Diplomat/Grand Fury/New Yorker. They are the same.I got them for my 79 at a Pic-A-Part.

So many 75-79 models were sent to wrecking yards, finding one is a raw find. If you take a road trip to Colorado, send me a PM I have a Blue 75

Believe it or not I got some at my local Chrysler dealer.

Auto Transport Service
Back