• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new ride...64 Super Stock Dodge.

Wow, how cool is that!

I had a poster that had that car on it the late 70's early 80's hanging on the wall in my bedroom when I was just a kid!

It had the Diamante show car, a Superbird, a Petty racecar and THAT car was on it too as I recall.

For me personally I would rather have the car you currently have over the 100 point Hemi convert. That is a trailer queen that likely does not get driven because of it. The new car with the older resto is perfect as a respectable driver/racer that you can have some FUN with. As for the convertible aspect, buy a motorcycle that is the ULTIMATE convertible if you want to have in the face driving.

I'm afraid of motorcyles, LOL! I drove the wheels off that 100 point car, whenever I could. I still have 2 more ragtops to go cruisin in.

Great car I have a 64 dodge 440 built 4/30/64 and have heard the hemi cars were built early may 64 what is the build date of your car.

I believe the Hemi cars where all built in June, my car has a build date of June 8th.

It makes you wonder how many people that had ordered the Max Wedge car and were told if they still wanted their ordered car it was going to be a Hemi, said NO.

Seems silly to think of today but back then they knew what the tried and proven Max Wedge engine was and I can't help but think that many might have some reservations about the "new" engine. The Hemi had not been produced since 1957 and many of the new buyers in 1964 would not know anything of it.

Is that the car that I heard Lynne Ferguson drove home when he picked it up to save the $13.50 shipping charge ?? I thought I also read he thought he ordered a Max Wedge car but got the Hemi as the Max Wedge cars were done and you could only get the Hemi at that time. Didn't he drive that one on the street ??? As I always heard the 64 Hemi cars could not be tagged. I have a book called "Muscle" thats a big thick book with a few good pics of that car in it. Again I say what a great sweet car you have. So it is a real one and is it still mostly all original ??? Ron

I've never seen a 64 Hemi hardtop. Anyone know how many were produced?

According to the Galen Govier book, there was one 64 Hemi Polara produced (a 440 series car) but keep in mind.......in many cases, only those known to exist are actually listed.

On the off chance anyone's interested, there are 2 MW 440 hardtops listed and 6 MW (lightweight) 440 hardtops listed.

Great car - congrats!

Is that the car that I heard Lynne Ferguson drove home when he picked it up to save the $13.50 shipping charge ?? I thought I also read he thought he ordered a Max Wedge car but got the Hemi as the Max Wedge cars were done and you could only get the Hemi at that time. Didn't he drive that one on the street ??? As I always heard the 64 Hemi cars could not be tagged. I have a book called "Muscle" thats a big thick book with a few good pics of that car in it. Again I say what a great sweet car you have. So it is a real one and is it still mostly all original ??? Ron

This is the one. There was no warranty on the car but you could tag it.

WOW!!! Good to see that car again. I spoke with Lynn a couple of times back when I had my '64 Dodge MW car. Good guy,and even had an opportunity to purchase it-WAY out of my budget then(I was laid off at the time). JKLNHYDE,I'm sure you'll cherish that car-I would!

you know i'll be coming over to see that sweet ride. good luck with it. i love the color combo too.

Well all this talk about this car on a poster made me start thinking.......I know you thought you could smell smoke... anyway got to digging and I think that I found it on a HEMI poster that I have. Here is a few pictures from the poster. BTW for the second time on this thread that is a very awsome car, and a super super rare one congrats!
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 464
where would one find one of those hemi posters at thats cool i would like to get one for my garage

I bought the poster at a swap meet a few years ago.

Also says that the 66 satellite convertible below the 64 belonged to the same guy that owned the 64 when the pictures were taken on this poster. Neat in deed.
Matt

Congrats, that car has been one of my favorite MoPars almost 30 years! Remember the Car Craft article well...can't believe it is such a long time ago! Love your garage view...didn't you have a thread of it being built?

Congrats, that car has been one of my favorite MoPars almost 30 years! Remember the Car Craft article well...can't believe it is such a long time ago! Love your garage view...didn't you have a thread of it being built?

Thank's again for all the nice remarks. I had a thread at "The Garage Journal"
I'm still working on this garage!! It's never done. I'm tackling the interior of the garage this spring.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32300

Thank's again for all the nice remarks. I had a thread at "The Garage Journal"
I'm still working on this garage!! It's never done. I'm tackling the interior of the garage this spring.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32300

Oh man, thanks for the link, it turned out even more perfect I could have imagined! Love the windows with the million buck view...the details, the patio. Awesome work! I guess it's all normal for a perfectionist! :) Now I remember that the build thread was on Moparts. Keep the pics coming when you get the interior done! And for a moment I was sure that you have bought another one of my favorite MoPars, Rob Moshers 330...looks like you did even better and have the real thing! You might like this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKUSX2bc0o

Auto Transport Service
Back