• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new ride...64 Super Stock Dodge.

I haven't seen that poster since 1989 when my parents sold the house we lived in and we moved!

Almost brings a tear to my eye...

I have that poster, someday Ill have a garage worthy of hanging it in.

Nice ride !

Thank's again for all the nice remarks. I had a thread at "The Garage Journal"
I'm still working on this garage!! It's never done. I'm tackling the interior of the garage this spring.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32300

I dont know how I missed this thread? Congrats with the car! I was shocked when you told me you made the trade but when you told what the trade was for I understood.
Guys for those of you who dont know John personally, he has a love for mopars that is unsurpassed. I've know John the past 11 or so years we met an local car show while he was restoring the 66 and I had the privilege of rebuilding the original 727 for that car. while he claims he's not a gear head is just about if not as knowledgeable about these cars as any mechanic I have know or worked with.
one of the biggest drawbacks moving of the island is we don't hang out as much.
best of luck with car!
PS the garage looks great now I have garage envy! LOL

John, When we doing the reef tank?, I got more great plans. got connections for Australian corals now!

did someone say reef tank?
some pics of my 450 gallon tank these were taken few months ago

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 499
That's a great color combo I'd take that any day over "Done to death Red",i'm talking about the 64 Polara....... (yeah ok the fish tank looks good too)

how it looked back then.[/B]

Attachments

• drm_vol%204445[1].JPG
    drm_vol%204445[1].JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 514
S/S 64 Plymouth

Very Similiar to the 64 S/S Hemi Plymouth.............SWEET DODGE!!

Attachments

• Hot August Nights 2010 036.jpg
    Hot August Nights 2010 036.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 445
  • Hot August Nights 2010 033.jpg
    Hot August Nights 2010 033.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Hot August Nights 2010 031.jpg
    Hot August Nights 2010 031.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Hot August Nights 2010 030.jpg
    Hot August Nights 2010 030.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 443
  • Hot August Nights 2010 029.jpg
    Hot August Nights 2010 029.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 447
Your '64 Dodge

Hello all. I figured i would post a few pictures of my new ride; 1964 Dodge Super Stock hardtop. Some of you might recognize it as Marvin Hughes/Otis Chandlers old car. I'm very pleased with it; but to get it I had to let go of something very special, 66 Hemi Belvedere II Convertible. It wasn't an easy decision, but the new owner of my car is very pleased as well, and the car went to a great home. I want to thank
everyone in advance for all the help I have received thus far from this site. The pictures aren't the best but that's all I have for now.
395662421.jpg
I just ran across your entry and was pleasantly suprized to see my old Dodge. I owned that car before Marvin Hughes. If you are interested in some of its early history let me know. My email is

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful 64 SS Hardtop!!

I've had that same poster since it was printed. My dad, Uncle John and I would go to car shows together since I was a little kid. My dad's a Vette guy, my uncle was a Pontiac guy and even as a little kid I was a Mopar freak. My Uncle John gave it to me as a present years ago maybe when I was 10 or 11. Used to tell me all about the old stories of racing vs. Hemis and 440's as a kid. I can still remember him explaining why the Hemis had an extra leaf spring on one side and how you could physically see it track straighter down the track. He was the first guy to tell me what a Max Wedge was and what it physically ment vs what a Hemi ment. He passed, geez, maybe 15 years ago and that poster is the only thing I have to remember him by. It's proudly displayed in my garage.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

image.jpgimage.jpg

my dream car = '64 superstock Dodge or Plymouth= HEMI Post midnight blue or black BUT, without white walls.

I am thoroughly impressed, that's anybody's dream car for sure! but getting rid of the convert would have been like pulling teeth for me.
I sure would love to see that car in person some day.

Glad to see that car in circulation again! I had a quick shot at purchasing it in the Eighties(I had met the original owner from St. Johns,MI) when I had the Faubel car,but was financially unable to. I also saw the car in Lynn's care;very nice,considering it was a race car.

Now,a question...Did these come with 12.5 CR or 10.25 CR Hemis? I know there were a handful of these oddballs made(less than 10 of Dodge and Plymouth that I was told eons ago) because of situations like Lynn's. Perhaps;did some come with possibly either CR? I think the single 4-bbl. "NASCAR" hardtops(think Ralph Ronzello's '64 Belvedere Hemi car) were 10.25 equipped. All right historians;edumicate this old Pole,please.

Auto Transport Service
Back