• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new ride...64 Super Stock Dodge.

Glad to see that car in circulation again! I had a quick shot at purchasing it in the Eighties(I had met the original owner from St. Johns,MI) when I had the Faubel car,but was financially unable to. I also saw the car in Lynn's care;very nice,considering it was a race car.

Now,a question...Did these come with 12.5 CR or 10.25 CR Hemis? I know there were a handful of these oddballs made(less than 10 of Dodge and Plymouth that I was told eons ago) because of situations like Lynn's. Perhaps;did some come with possibly either CR? I think the single 4-bbl. "NASCAR" hardtops(think Ralph Ronzello's '64 Belvedere Hemi car) were 10.25 equipped. All right historians;edumicate this old Pole,please.

All were 12.5 CR despite the factory literature.

IIRC 35 of each were built per Darrel Davis. All built as 12.5 CR. The book is around here somewhere... More Plymouths are known to have survived than Dodges. Speculation is that most of the Dodges went to NASCAR.

From what I understand Ronzello's car is a clone assembled from parts collected over the years.

All were 12.5 CR despite the factory literature.

IIRC 35 of each were built per Darrel Davis. All built as 12.5 CR. The book is around here somewhere... More Plymouths are known to have survived than Dodges. Speculation is that most of the Dodges went to NASCAR.

From what I understand Ronzello's car is a clone assembled from parts collected over the years.

64Post;THANK YOU!!! I've got the Davis book;haven't looked at it in a while. Wasn't aware of the status of the Ronzello car;always thought that it was one that slipped through the racing cracks and survived. Cool car,nonetheless.

Making me reconsider about selling my 64. I know its not a rare car like yours but I like mine. Besides 440/4spd are fun! Sweet car&view congrats!

Can't believe I hadnt seen this thread before. What can a guy say? Simply stunning! Thanks for posting!

Sorry to see you sold it I seen it at an event this weekend with the new owner and the original owners that bought it new were reunited with it yesterday very cool car must have been hard to of parted with it.

In my 64 Plymouth book it says they had the option of 12.5 or 10.5 comp but to be honest I have never seen or heard of anyone having a 10.5 comp 64 Hemi. Everyone I have read about or seen were 12.5 comp with the 64 Hemi.
I heard he raced that 64 Hemi Dodge at the Pure Stock drags last weekend. They said he just made some passes as they would not let him compete. And I heard it ran a 12.05 and 11.87 !! Ron

In my 64 Plymouth book it says they had the option of 12.5 or 10.5 comp but to be honest I have never seen or heard of anyone having a 10.5 comp 64 Hemi. Everyone I have read about or seen were 12.5 comp with the 64 Hemi.
I heard he raced that 64 Hemi Dodge at the Pure Stock drags last weekend. They said he just made some passes as they would not let him compete. And I heard it ran a 12.05 and 11.87 !! Ron

Yeah I seen it at the purestocks on friday seen the 1205 run its running an automatic right now while the original drivetrains being restored just a super cool car glad to have been able to see it in person and the original owners storys about the car are just as cool as the car.

the picture of the car with lettering is a alum.max car . the class for this car would have a s for stick car a is for auto.

Auto Transport Service
Back