• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My ralley gauge restoration

Michael789

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Just got finished with 20140211_160306.jpgmy ralley gauge resto I think it turned out pretty good

Thanks ,I had a lot of fun building it.I'll be doing my dash in leather next.

Super job you did there. That very well could pass for new!

Beautiful!!! I used Pledge on the bezel, what did you use?

Actually I should have been more clear sorry about that, it is a clear uv silicone caulk ! I know it sounds crazy but it works better than anything and that includes meguiars. I was working on a dash and it had some kind of dirt spots that would not go away no matter what so I tried the caulk and the results were unbelievable! This stuff will bring everything back from the dead. You try it on something old and faded and you'll be amazed! Get a lint free rag and caulk out an area and just start rubbing it in,don't leave it globed on in any spots just keep rubbing until it's all worked in and smooth, it works on everything.

Wow that's really nice Michael .. I'm looking forward to the leather dash next

Doesn't that fill in the lines and grain of the bezel?
Actually I should have been more clear sorry about that, it is a clear uv silicone caulk ! I know it sounds crazy but it works better than anything and that includes meguiars. I was working on a dash and it had some kind of dirt spots that would not go away no matter what so I tried the caulk and the results were unbelievable! This stuff will bring everything back from the dead. You try it on something old and faded and you'll be amazed! Get a lint free rag and caulk out an area and just start rubbing it in,don't leave it globed on in any spots just keep rubbing until it's all worked in and smooth, it works on everything.

No just keep wiping it off it gets thick but it comes off and doesn't fill in the wood grain , all it does is look fantastic when it's done.

Wow, really nice work man! And cool trick with the clear caulking, I'll have to keep thst in mind for any future projects

Auto Transport Service
Back