• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My very short review of Indiana Jones 5. No spoilers.

SteveSS

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
First, it's 2 1/2 hours long so be ready for that. I only went because I paid for the monthly pass. I had heard so much bad about it. How Harrison Ford plays second fiddle to Phobe Waller-Bridge. It wasn't that bad. Indiana is still the star of the movie. Yes, she does play a very strong role but I don't think it's strong enough for her to take over the series from Harrison Ford. The third act was pretty good. There was the woke comment about capitalism we all heard and there are a couple of racial slurs towards white people. At one point the black female CIA officer calls the other white guy a "Gun-happy Cracker." I don't think a gun-happy N-word would have been appropriate either but that would never happen.

Phobe W-B looks every bit like a skinny modern-day trans man (See Dylan Mulvaney.) I found her VERY unattractive. Both in looks and her character. The movie is bombing so badly that I think it will be on Disney+ very soon. I give it a 2 1/2 out of 5.

Thanks, ya said enough for me to not see it.

I've heard it's a Flop, due to the Woke Content. It won't be playing on our TV in the Future...

Disney has become famous for woke content, even in their kid's movies. I was never a new Star Wars fan but I heard they ruined it with wokeness. So, people were ready for Disney to ruin Indiana Jones, myself included. As I said it wasn't as bad as I expected. Before the movie, they showed commercials for Disney's Haunted Mansion. It looks to be aimed at the Black audience. That's okay. I only object when it's a race swap like Little Mermaid which was a Danish fairy tale written by Hans Christian Anderson.

Disney is facing a lot of hate right now from their parks, politics, their movies, and their streaming channel. They need to step back and reboot or they are going to go bankrupt. If I remember right their stock price has gone from $200/per share to $80/per share.

I've read reviews from others that say hating on Star Wars or Indiana Jones makes us stupid misogynists. I disgree. My favorite movie franchise is Aliens. That has always been led by women. I just don't like ruining the other men-led franchises.

Last edited:
Another trend in movies seems to be slightly built women beating up several large men at the same time with some smooth karate moves. The women in the Aliens franchise used their brains and whatever weapons they had and they always come out well.

Katniss Everdeen didn't need to beat people up. She used her brains to win the Hunger Games.

Thanks, but don’t care. I’ll watch Mannix reruns for years before any new stuff. At least the early episodes when he had a good car.

Dangerous Crossing (1953 Michael Remy) was on the other night. Good flick. Linda just binge watched the original Raiders the other day. Didn’t like the original either.

One thing I noticed and I don't think this is a spoiler. The first 15 minutes is a flashback so they have de-aged Indy about 25 years. The CGI is not very good. His mouth doesn't match the voice sometimes. Critics were saying at 300 million plus it should have been better.

Most of the movie is set in 1969 so they have some cool old cars on the street.

I could have done without seeing Harrison Ford's 80-year-old body without his shirt on.

I quite enjoyed watching the previous four Indiana Jones movies.....we all know they're far-fetched story lines, and stunts are superhuman in their undertaking....but the wokeness and racial BS is a good enough reason for me not to bother paying to see it.

And as for the 300-million-dollar production price tag.....when you realise that there are fifty or more flunkies just hanging about watching each take, it's no surprise that the costs balloon out of control. Most of those long-haired freaks are just yes-people.

The version of Indy 5 that made it to theatres is the "de-woke-ified" version. Rumors were that they had a version where Indy went to the past and his actions erased his existence, so that there never was a male Indy, only Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

When I was scrolling through YouTube earlier I went by a video whose title said Disney was doubling down on "woke" and going for "broke." Let it be "broke" then. Frankly, I didn't like their "classic" movies either, even when I was a child.

Disney Lost $134 Million on ‘Indiana Jones 5’

Indiana Jones

The Disney Grooming Syndicate lost $134.2 million on Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, per financial statements reviewed by Forbes.

Per Forbes, the flop’s total budget before promotion costs swelled to $387.2 million. Worldwide, it grossed a pathetic $384 million. A safe calculation is that after the theaters take their cut, the studios receive 50 percent of the gross. In this case, that would be $192 million.

Once you add in promotion costs and subtract tax incentives… Forbes estimates a $134 million loss, which seems reasonable. Over the next decade or so, thanks to what’s known as “ancillary” — television licensing, home video, etc. — Dial of Destiny could creep into the black. Still, an Indiana Jones movie is supposed to guarantee hundreds of millions in profits, not a long slog toward breaking even.

Even if you don’t account for 16 years of inflation, Dial of Destiny still grossed about $400 million less worldwide than 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull—$787 million compared to $384 million.

Without inflation, in 1981, Raiders of the Lost Ark grossed $367 million worldwide. Temple of Doom earned $333 million in 1984. Last Crusade earned $474 million.
To understand just what a failure Dial of Destiny is, here is the worldwide gross comparison when adjusted for inflation:
  • Raiders: $1.276 billion
  • Temple of Doom: $994 million
  • Last Crusade: $1.186 billion
  • Crystal Skull: $1.134 billion
  • Dial of Destiny: $384 million
Dial of Destiny not only came in last place, it is $610 million behind second-to-last place.

No one in the entertainment media dares tell you the truth, but this is how much trouble the Disney brand is in. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is dreadful, one of the worst major franchise sequels I have ever seen. At the time, it felt like I was the only one saying so, but America appears to have caught up with me. Nevertheless, that hunk of crap still made a freaken fortune. That’s how much goodwill the franchise and the character of Indiana Jones had built up over the decades.

But then Disney comes along, scoops up Lucasfilm, and destroys everything it touches, including Star Wars. Instead of being fun, sexy, and compelling, everything Disney produces is anti-fun and anti-human nature. Our heroes are emasculated and/or have their best qualities betrayed. Suddenly, there’s gay sex, political lectures, scolding, and affirmative action. No joy. No laughs. Just oppressive guilt and insults. You can’t even relax and enjoy the movie because you know another left-wing sucker punch is coming.

The good news is that Normal People rejected Dial of Destiny, and the groomers lost more than half a billion dollars.

They can’t force us to pay for this garbage. At least not yet…

Disney Lost $134 Million on ‘Indiana Jones 5’

View attachment 1639914

The Disney Grooming Syndicate lost $134.2 million on Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, per financial statements reviewed by Forbes.

Per Forbes, the flop’s total budget before promotion costs swelled to $387.2 million. Worldwide, it grossed a pathetic $384 million. A safe calculation is that after the theaters take their cut, the studios receive 50 percent of the gross. In this case, that would be $192 million.

Once you add in promotion costs and subtract tax incentives… Forbes estimates a $134 million loss, which seems reasonable. Over the next decade or so, thanks to what’s known as “ancillary” — television licensing, home video, etc. — Dial of Destiny could creep into the black. Still, an Indiana Jones movie is supposed to guarantee hundreds of millions in profits, not a long slog toward breaking even.

Even if you don’t account for 16 years of inflation, Dial of Destiny still grossed about $400 million less worldwide than 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull—$787 million compared to $384 million.

Without inflation, in 1981, Raiders of the Lost Ark grossed $367 million worldwide. Temple of Doom earned $333 million in 1984. Last Crusade earned $474 million.
To understand just what a failure Dial of Destiny is, here is the worldwide gross comparison when adjusted for inflation:
  • Raiders: $1.276 billion
  • Temple of Doom: $994 million
  • Last Crusade: $1.186 billion
  • Crystal Skull: $1.134 billion
  • Dial of Destiny: $384 million
Dial of Destiny not only came in last place, it is $610 million behind second-to-last place.

No one in the entertainment media dares tell you the truth, but this is how much trouble the Disney brand is in. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is dreadful, one of the worst major franchise sequels I have ever seen. At the time, it felt like I was the only one saying so, but America appears to have caught up with me. Nevertheless, that hunk of crap still made a freaken fortune. That’s how much goodwill the franchise and the character of Indiana Jones had built up over the decades.

But then Disney comes along, scoops up Lucasfilm, and destroys everything it touches, including Star Wars. Instead of being fun, sexy, and compelling, everything Disney produces is anti-fun and anti-human nature. Our heroes are emasculated and/or have their best qualities betrayed. Suddenly, there’s gay sex, political lectures, scolding, and affirmative action. No joy. No laughs. Just oppressive guilt and insults. You can’t even relax and enjoy the movie because you know another left-wing sucker punch is coming.

The good news is that Normal People rejected Dial of Destiny, and the groomers lost more than half a billion dollars.

They can’t force us to pay for this garbage. At least not yet…
Good for them!! Walt would be turning in his grave if he knew how they have been for the last 30 years or so....

Auto Transport Service
Back