• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My very short review of Taylor Swift's concert movie.

Just another vax pushing elitist, billionaire Ms Pfizer Swift
with a new boy toy multimillionaire NFL boyfriend Mr Pfizer Kelce
another lame *** soap opera, who freaken' cares...
I understand the youngsters'/girls attraction, drama queens, not the fathers...

'gotta make the daughter/girl happy'
I did my share of things I didn't like but never against my principles/beliefs,

But she has to put up with a long gray-haired old hippie for a dad :poke:
acting like he's 20 still, with the young girls...

Still should lose your man-card for the attending a Taylor Swift movie...
Plenty of other ways to make the kid happy, without doing that ****
& supporting that elitist crap...
back to ignore

my $1.25

Last edited:
Just needs a bowl of Happy Flakes.

gotta make the daughter/girl happy
she has to put up with a long gray-haired hippie for a dad :poke:
acting like he's 20 still...
back to ignore

my $1.25

Taylor is simply the next -girl-singer-grows-up-becomes-woman-singer in a long chain of them.
Britney Spears.
The Hanna Montana girl
Taylor

Step one: become an overnight pop star singing simple songs mostly aimed at pre-teen girls, but light hearted enough and innocent enough to garner a wide audience when you are 15 or 16 years old.
Step two: Realize you are not the 15 year old pop star anymore and want to be treated like a "big girl" probably around age 22-24 or so.
Step three: Get pushed, really, really hard by a publicist and basically lose your damn mind and do a bunch of wierd crap, dress like a corner girl, embrace the shock of parents everywhere wondering how their child's idol can turn into a skank overnight by proclaiming it's the "new you" and you "don't want to be the idol of little girls anymore, your career has to grow up" as if suddenly all the little girls will just say OK and stop watching.
Step 4: fall into the hollywood BS trap of sexualizing girls too young to be involved in it by trying to maintain your fanbase of little girls plus keep the skeezy lust crowd you have now also enticed because your massive fanbase got super pissed at you acting like a corner girl in front of their 12 year old and the people that own you want their money.

Last step: "experiment" with different music because all your songs sound the same and the clock is set for the next girl at step one to make an appearance.

TS is at the last one, very, very, very soon. Hanna Montana girl can't decide if she is hip hop or country queen or pop singer or just a weed-ed out skank, she hit step 5 coupl eyears back now.
Brittney, well she went totally mental trying to cope with the new girl taking her spot, tried to make some new different music, failed because of her fans expectation her new stuff would sound like all her old pre-crazy stuff. Who talks about her anymore? That's right, the new girls took over, and they are next on the block.

Anyway, family stuff is family stuff, glad you could share a moment with your daughter. I choose other activities with my children but to each their own.

Brittney, well she went totally mental trying to cope with the new girl taking her spot,

Ya think?

1697492867383.jpeg

I commend you for taking your daughter, 30 years ago while going through the divorce I took my son to see "3 Ninjas kick back". 2 women standing in the next line said that's true love knowing I wouldn't go see it otherwise. Also I never closed my mind to the music he listened to because my father did that to me and I didn't want to disappoint him by putting down his music. He's 36 now and we can talk about anything and have a very close relationship.

because my father did that to me and I didn't want to disappoint him by putting down his music
A lot to what you said here is wise, MO. I was pretty fortunate to have folks that didn’t do much berating, unless it was joking around. Maybe some light approach to know what they thought. (Aside from some truly dumbass stuff my brother and I did.) We did the same with our kids and we’re super close with them as we were with our folks. Very lucky our kids never got into alcohol, drugs, etc.

Conversely, I know a few, relatives and an old family friend comes to mind, who friggin constantly tried to force their will on their kids, to the point where I wanted to tell them to STFU already. Years ago, having a camcorder I’d borrow from work for family gatherings, holidays, birthdays, to capture the event, one was so pathetic with the bickering…I got on video, handed the tape to my friend saying – you might want to burn this.

Both my kids turned out much better than me. I try to think of nice things I can do for them. They are the most important things in my life. Here's a good one. My daughter was going through a rough time in her life. Like all girls, she has a favorite animal, a moose. I heard the Colorado Springs Zoo was getting a moose calf. It was still pretty damn big. I called some upper management at the zoo and told them what was going on. They agreed to set something up. For all my kids knew we were just taking a trip to the zoo. The lady director met us at the gate and gave us a special tour that included going inside the outside fence and we got to feed and pet the moose. Last fall I took her to a football game at her old high school. She was a cheerleader all through school. We sat in the stands and she did all the cheers with her arms and voice. They still did some of the cheers she invented.

As far as an old hippie. Nope. I don't drink or smoke anything. I'm a staunch Republican Conservative (except on religion.) One of my role models is Michio Kaku the astrophysicist. He has long white hair too. Michio Kaku is an American theoretical physicist, activist, futurologist, and popular-science writer. He is a professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center.

Hey, I warned you guys I look like Buffalo Bill Cody. Normally I wear a cowboy hat but at the TS concert, this seemed more apropos.

moose.jpg

Buffalo bill.jpg

Last edited:
Detective D you seem to know a lot more about Taylor Swift than me! As far as the Kelce thing I don't give a flying F about the NFL.

Last edited:
Detective D you seem to know a lot more about Taylor Swift than me! As far as the Kelce thing I don't give a flying F about the NFL.
I too, have a daughter. She was 8 when the Hannah Montana show came out.
I made sure I explained what was happening to her idol when the SHTF with hanna montana and why it was not appropriate and we should actually pity her situation, especially since hannah had gonzo dollars and could be so happy in life but instead was surrounded by greedy imbeciles that pushed her into her behaviors.
TS was, of course, the new girl at that time.
There will be a new girl again, very soon. but I don't listen to pop music and my children both grew out of it some time ago so there will be no need for me to observe.

I understand the youngsters'/girls attraction, drama queens, not the fathers...

'gotta make the daughter/girl happy'
I did my share of things I didn't like but never against my principles/beliefs,

But she has to put up with a long gray-haired old hippie for a dad :poke:
acting like he's 20 still, with the young girls...

back to ignore

my $1.25
Well, you know me, and you probably know that my daughter is handicapped and uses a wheelchair. You may also know that I would, and do, anything for her. If she wants to go to Taylor Swift, I take her. She doesn’t get the same opportunities as most people, so I try to make it happen for her whenever I can. That’s why she has a 67 Cuda convertible, because she wanted it and I wanted her to have it. If you had a daughter like Nella, I would hope that you would do the same.

And for the record, I asked her who her favorite musical artist is….Blackberry Smoke. She’s seen them at least 1/2 dozen times.

35770289-DE05-4F03-8D3A-07E25182D8B3.jpeg

A4276B3B-D7E9-42E3-A0E7-7A876AF65B44.jpeg

D6F44706-0FF8-4751-82C8-2DACC3CF48D7.jpeg

Well, you know me, and you probably know that my daughter is handicapped and uses a wheelchair. You may also know that I would, and do, anything for her. If she wants to go to Taylor Swift, I take her. She doesn’t get the same opportunities as most people, so I try to make it happen for her whenever I can. That’s why she has a 67 Cuda convertible, because she wanted it and I wanted her to have it. If you had a daughter like Nella, I would hope that you would do the same.

And for the record, I asked her who her favorite musical artist is….Blackberry Smoke. She’s seen them at least 1/2 dozen times.

View attachment 1541385

View attachment 1541386

View attachment 1541387
Sir, I have the utmost respect for you and the father you are! I see many great fathers here. To me, that was and is the most important part of my life. I thank all of you who responded positively to the original post! Our kids didn’t ask to be brought into this world. It’s been my job as a father and my pleasure as a dad, to be the best I could be for them! Now, it’s my grandkids turn!

Both my kids turned out much better than me. I try to think of nice things I can do for them. They are the most important things in my life. Here's a good one. My daughter was going through a rough time in her life. Like all girls, she has a favorite animal, a moose. I heard the Colorado Springs Zoo was getting a moose calf. It was still pretty damn big. I called some upper management at the zoo and told them what was going on. They agreed to set something up. For all my kids knew we were just taking a trip to the zoo. The lady director met us at the gate and gave us a special tour that included going inside the outside fence and we got to feed and pet the moose. Last fall I took her to a football game at her old high school. She was a cheerleader all through school. We sat in the stands and she did all the cheers with her arms and voice. They still did some of the cheers she invented.

As far as an old hippie. Nope. I don't drink or smoke anything. I'm a staunch Republican Conservative (except on religion.) One of my role models is Michio Kaku the astrophysicist. He has long white hair too. Michio Kaku is an American theoretical physicist, activist, futurologist, and popular-science writer. He is a professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center.

Hey, I warned you guys I look like Buffalo Bill Cody. Normally I wear a cowboy hat but at the TS concert, this seemed more apropos.

View attachment 1541249

View attachment 1541252
I don't always agree with some of the stuff you post, Steve, but I respect you for the good memories you make for your kids. I think that is a major thing that we, as parents, must do. Dave

First off, good on ya for taking your daughter to the movie. These are seemingly small things that are very important to your relationship with her. She will remember the good times long after you are gone. That, and the fact that you cared. And there were probably a lot of yummy mummy’s there to chat with.
Second, Taylor Swift can sit on my face any time she wants. Haters gonna hate, hate hate.
When my girl was young we did a family trip to see Iron Maiden. Wife hated it so the next concert was Metallica with just daughter and me. We still fondly reminisce about it.
Fortunately she shares my taste in music but if she wanted to see TS I would do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back