• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My year is done

When I ordered mine it was $6800, I believe the price went up to $7400 at the start of 2019.

The comment about metal transfer is significant.. and typically points to detonation....

I would definitely call BCR to get their thoughts on the failure

Sorry you are going through this, painful and expensive... Not that there’s any good time for something like this but when you’re in the points it really sucks
Had a 440 in a 10.60 road runner with a little over 300 passes show signs of cap walk but no signs of detonation. Compression was a 11-1 or so.

@Cranky , you can get bigger cam tunnels on a KB alum for sure (if you can get them to actually deliver a block).
I dont know about an indy.

Bob you going to use the take forever engine builder again.
Lmao
It's there already.
He has been warned.
I told him I HAVE to have it back in two weeks.
That should put me at around March 15

So I took a hammer to the old crank and got a thud out of it. Still going to take it to have magged but it may be cracked.
This is (was) an old Chrysler crank.
I have over 400 passes on it myself. It was also run before I got it but don't know how long.
I shift at 6800 and trap at 7200, so...

Will you do a girdle with the good caps? With all that power you could use all the help you can muster untill you find a megablock under the X-mas tree. Me thinks you will need a licence next season!
I have a license.
New crank, rods and caps.
No girdle

Lmao
It's there already.
He has been warned.
I told him I HAVE to have it back in two weeks.
That should put me at around March 15
I think you should send him a new calendar as well.

Hope it works out for you Bob....that sucks being so close to the prize, and having the failure.
It could have been worse...maybe it was a lucky escape for you. :)

Did the crank rattle on the hammer test or is it a cast crank :D. I did pretty much the same with mine.....shifted at 69 and trapped at 73 and it was still pulling! One time I took it out the back door and saw 7500 and still pulling and shut it down. Geez. Kinda think it would have pulled until it blew....

From what little I understand , the Indy aluminum block is about $5500, and needs about two more grand to finish machine/ make it right.
But then, I'm not in the market, and may be wrong.
I think Best Machine sells prepped Indy blocks.

Marsh performance is also a KB vendor along with Indy. I think he will machine to your spec.

There’s a hemi being built here....... they’re using a Bulldog block(“The Block”).
Got it a couple weeks ago.
Took 8 weeks from order to delivery.
How much do the Bullydog bare blocks sell for? I thank my lucky stars I purchased a siamesed block over 20 years ago from Vignogna Peformance in the $2400 range.

Block2.jpg Block3.jpg Block4.jpg Block5.jpg Block6.jpg ShortBlock GearDrive1.jpg ShortBlock Piston1.jpg ShortBlock Rod4.jpg ShortBlock1.jpg ShortBlock2.jpg

@HEMI-ITIS , that $2400 inflation adjusts to around $3700 today. Can anybody find a good iron block for that today?
Funny thing, you could probably still get $2400 for that block, and you have had the use of it for twenty years!

@HEMI-ITIS , that $2400 inflation adjusts to around $3700 today. Can anybody find a good iron block for that today?
Funny thing, you could probably still get $2400 for that block, and you have had the use of it for twenty years!
Bet I could get twice that,but like my pushbuttons that block better outlive me!
Now who has a megablock that they will never build for the TileMan?? Maybe a HEMI.....:rolleyes:

Picked up some goodies today.

20191006_134340.jpg 20191006_134139.jpg

Probably too old school. I have no idea if it's still being done.
Many, many years ago, trying to keep up with the digs, heard about many of the fuel guys doing this.

New cranks, there was a crank grinding shop in Grand Prairie, Tx (close by from me). Shop would take a new, or good used, steel crank, under-grind each journal, and heat spray hardened chrome on them. Build them up over-size, then grind them back to standard. Story was, those cranks would hold up, much longer.

Auto Transport Service
Back