• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name that hubcap

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
image.jpg

Have several hubcaps I’ve been collecting over the years hanging up on the garage wall. What’s this from?

I think I've seen that WHEEL COVER on 69 roadrunners too, as an up-option from the little HUBCAP. (which yours isnt).

1968 PLYMOUTH PASSENGER CAR HUBCAP 2881781
1969 BARRACUDA 2881758

What did I win? :poke:
Honestly I had no idea where it was from nor have I ever looked into it. Started the collection long before I thought I’d ever own another classic. Where did you find those part numbers? Maybe I’ll post another one next time I’m out in the garage and think of it.
- Nick

Dad's 68 Fury III had those as well. Must have been available all across the line.

They are amongst the nicest looking Plymouth ever produced IMO

Where did you find those part numbers?
It is easy enough to do.... just right click on your image (once posted anywhere) and select "Search Web for image".

Then just follow the link to wherever the picture is matched up....use some caution of course. :lol:

1664335745255.jpeg

1664335726500.png

And when you find a link.....you'll normally find the answer. The one I followed took me straight to an eBay auction listing.

It is easy enough to do.... just right click on your image (once posted anywhere) and select "Search Web for image".

Then just follow the link to wherever the picture is matched up....use some caution of course. :lol:

View attachment 1349352

View attachment 1349351

And when you find a link.....you'll normally find the answer. The one I followed took me straight to an eBay auction listing.
Looks like I'll have to put my hammer and chisel away and move into this century LOL! Thanks!

Hubcap? I only see wheel covers. Hub caps cover the lugs only, wheel covers cover the wheel.

Did a little research. That same wheel cover WAS used on a 69 roadrunner, but it had a black painted center.... so I suspect those are 68 or earlier.

Well, in a fit of pique, I threw a spanner at the bonnet laying against the garage (what's Kiwi for garage?), and it fell to earth, and was grounded.

Well, in a fit of pique, I threw a spanner at the bonnet laying against the garage (what's Kiwi for garage?), and it fell to earth, and was grounded.
Almost sure they aren’t called barns. If you stored a car in an old pig barn here that had a concrete floor, even if empty for many years the pot metal would blister very quickly.
Our barns were for animals.
Garages, Quonsets are for vehicles .

Channelling your inner KernDog I see. :lol:
You have no integrity, other wise you would have admitted you childishly games you play with these who you disagree. Apperently your pal KD harbours resentment because I blocked him. Which I take no joy in doing so, but it's not the reason why I come here. Just what is your reason for being here?

Auto Transport Service
Back