• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name that tune

Twenty years now
Where'd they go?
Twenty years
I don't know
Sit and i wonder sometimes
Where they've gone

I wish I was a fisherman
Tumbling on the seas
Far away from dry land
And its bitter memories

Last edited:
I wish I was a fisherman
Tumbling on the seas
Far away from dry land
And its bitter memories
Tears for Beers? Or are they just one of the
groups who performed this song. I'm trying
to refrain from using internet searches.
Cool verse.

Nearly all are easy to name. I'm stuck on some meanings. Like this song.
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest. But was the low spark of the high heeled boys." WTH does that and that song talking about?

And don't get me started with Beatles "Come together?" Still don’t know what they are talking about. Aerosmith's remake didn't help!

Nearly all are easy to name. I'm stuck on some meanings. Like this song.
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest. But was the low spark of the high heeled boys." WTH does that and that song talking about?

And don't get me started with Beatles "Come together?" Still don’t know what they are talking about. Aerosmith's remake didn't help!
"High heel boy refers to a mixture of heroin and coke, commonly called a speedball.
The 'low spark' is a description of the physical feeling brought on by injecting the speedball."
Don't know anything about this stuff, as I've
never indulged. I had to look it up. Waste of
a life if you ask me.
I got a big rush today after tracking down
and fixing a lifter tick in the 440.

"High heel boy refers to a mixture of heroin and coke, commonly called a speedball.
The 'low spark' is a description of the physical feeling brought on by injecting the speedball."
Don't know anything about this stuff, as I've
never indulged. I had to look it up. Waste of
a life if you ask me.
I got a big rush today after tracking down
and fixing a lifter tick in the 440.
Lifter tick? Did you low spark it then time with a gun that didn't make any noise? I think im starting to get it.

Lifter tick? Did you low spark it then time with a gun that didn't make any noise? I think im starting to get it.
No, but I did get a pretty jolt from the
distributor. That'll get anyone's heart
going. Not "low spark" in the least.

“Now listen, my winters almost over..
the summer, she comin‘ along strong”

No, but I did get a pretty jolt from the
distributor. That'll get anyone's heart
going. Not "low spark" in the least.
It was the best response I could think of while staying on the song theme. I have long given up on understanding everything a bunch of long haired rockers were trying to say. But there are some tunes I have no idea. That was one of them.

I never heard the expression "High heel boys" or "Low spark." I guess it's as good an explanation as anything else.

It was the best response I could think of while staying on the song theme. I have long given up on understanding everything a bunch of long haired rockers were trying to say. But there are some tunes I have no idea. That was one of them.

I never heard the expression "High heel boys" or "Low spark." I guess it's as good an explanation as anything else.
I didn't know what meant, either. Big city
drug lingo ain't my thing. Made sense when
I read the definitions.

Unless you're a diehard fan, most won't know these lyrics. But I post it, sort of as a precursor of things to come, lyrics to a song they wrote but never recorded themselves, from a band before they become famous.
"The leaves on the trees would be softly sighin'
If they heard from the breeze that you left me cryin' " .......... What mind of a youngster creates such anthropomorphism ?

Unless you're a diehard fan, most won't know these lyrics. But I post it, sort of as a precursor of things to come, lyrics to a song they wrote but never recorded themselves, from a band before they become famous.
"The leaves on the trees would be softly sighin'
If they heard from the breeze that you left me cryin' " .......... What mind of a youngster creates such anthropomorphism ?
I know these lyrics from a song the Beatles
recorded. "Bad To Me".

I know these lyrics from a song the Beatles
recorded. "Bad To Me".
Actually, John Lennon wrote it in 1963, but The Beatles never recorded it for release, only a demo. It was given to Billy J. Kramer & the Dakotas who had a hit with it. Says Billy J. Kramer:
  • Billy J. Kramer recalled to the Daily Mail in December 2014: "John came to me on my 20th birthday when I was on tour with them and told me he'd written a song for me."

"The next time I was recording at Abbey Road, he came and played it for me and we recorded it there and then. That was Bad to Me."

Auto Transport Service
Back