• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a 440 piston

overbore

Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
I am new here and hoping you fine folks can help me out on a (1) piston I need.
I have a 440 I built 35-40 years ago for a gentleman that after 20,000 + miles burnt a piston. (To much timing most likely.) I wound up with it 10 yrs ago and have now decided to put it back together in order to show a young SBC addict the errors of his ways.
Here b da rub. It's a flattop L2310F 30 over TRW that has 2.030 compression distance. No one makes that kind of animal now days.
If any of you fine folks happen to be using a L2310f 30 for a paper weight or know where I can get one I would be delighted to purchase it.
Been thinking of using a Speed Pro L2355F 30 which has a CD of 2.060 with -7cc reliefs and is the same weight as what I have. With the -7cc it will give the same static CR within less than half a point. Not sure what the extra .030 CD will do to the dynamic CR or reciprocating forces.
Would rather just buy 1 piston over a full set and spent the rest on good headers etc..
I would appreciate any ideas anyone may have.

I am new here and hoping you fine folks can help me out on a (1) piston I need.
I have a 440 I built 35-40 years ago for a gentleman that after 20,000 + miles burnt a piston. (To much timing most likely.) I wound up with it 10 yrs ago and have now decided to put it back together in order to show a young SBC addict the errors of his ways.
Here b da rub. It's a flattop L2310F 30 over TRW that has 2.030 compression distance. No one makes that kind of animal now days.
If any of you fine folks happen to be using a L2310f 30 for a paper weight or know where I can get one I would be delighted to purchase it.
Been thinking of using a Speed Pro L2355F 30 which has a CD of 2.060 with -7cc reliefs and is the same weight as what I have. With the -7cc it will give the same static CR within less than half a point. Not sure what the extra .030 CD will do to the dynamic CR or reciprocating forces.
Would rather just buy 1 piston over a full set and spent the rest on good headers etc..
I would appreciate any ideas anyone may have.

Auto Transport Service
Back