• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need a 727 built

jason from mars

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
title says it all,yup the nutjob again, sorry guys...she finally runs, wanted to posta vid,not smart enough...she eats the drivers side motor mount when I blip the throttle, been through 2 already chaining it down this weekend..SIDE NOTE, TTI headers are a god send thanks for the heads up fellas, she shakes so bad, if I was woman with a tennis ball, I WOULD NEVER STOP CUMMING,,,i MEAN GRINNING...so yeah I need a tranny,,this stock one will grenade if I stomp on it. any ideas?

006.jpg

title says it all,yup the nutjob again, sorry guys...she finally runs, wanted to posta vid,not smart enough...she eats the drivers side motor mount when I blip the throttle, been through 2 already chaining it down this weekend..SIDE NOTE, TTI headers are a god send thanks for the heads up fellas, she shakes so bad, if I was woman with a tennis ball, I WOULD NEVER STOP CUMMING,,,i MEAN GRINNING...so yeah I need a tranny,,this stock one will grenade if I stomp on it. any ideas?

View attachment 1496950
Bring your wallet.......these people build racing transmissions or sell parts....call them

Contact Us​

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.

A&A
Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113
(317) 831-3066

BOB RENTON

Bring your wallet.......these people build racing transmissions or sell parts....call them

Contact Us​

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.

A&A
Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113
(317) 831-3066

BOB RENTON
I'm already looking at 1100 bucks for a driveline,and been seeing 3500 bucks for trannies, I just need a built core, have cheeta valvebody will travel...LOL

been seeing 3500 bucks for trannies, I just need a built core,
Not sure what you're saying, but if you want a good proper built tranny it cost proper built money.
If you want a cheap built junk tranny
It'll probably still be big money lol

Well it might be within driving distance for you if you are willing to go to Vancouver Wa and it's not going to be cheap. A-1 Performance has been doing them for a long time.

Not saying that this is/will fix your problem but you should consider using quality mounts.
Solid, "hybrid" mitymounts.com or polyurethane Polyurethane Engine Mounts (pair) 66-72B 66-73C 70-74E-440 Source

I personally lean torwards the mitymounts but depending on how much power you make you might want to go with solid mounts instead.
Mancini racing has the poly loc mounts Not cheap, but a nice solution. Rubber for vibration absorption and locking flanges for hard acceleration. I have these on my 68 Charger.

John Cope at Cope Racing. Specializes in Mopars. My street driven and sometimes track use Stage 2 TF727 with shift kit was built by him and seems bullet-proof. Excellent quality components. His valve body incorporates partial-throttle kickdown. Spend a bit extra and get the billet drum to prevent any chance of 1st gear runaway during a burnout. They already come with a bolt-in sprag.

John's customer service is exceptional and you'll be glad you did business with him.

https://www.coperacingtrans.com/

Not sure what you're saying, but if you want a good proper built tranny it cost proper built money.
If you want a cheap built junk tranny
It'll probably still be big money lol
all the trannies im seeing come with valvebody and pan, I dont need those

John Cope at Cope Racing. Specializes in Mopars. My street driven and sometimes track use Stage 2 TF727 with shift kit was built by him and seems bullet-proof. Excellent quality components. His valve body incorporates partial-throttle kickdown. Spend a bit extra and get the billet drum to prevent any chance of 1st gear runaway during a burnout. They already come with a bolt-in sprag.

John's customer service is exceptional and you'll be glad you did business with him.

https://www.coperacingtrans.com/
he doesnt build trannies any more

he doesnt build trannies any more
When I talked to him again last year I thought he said he had too much other work, but you never know - maybe he would do a one off if the price was right. Wouldn't hurt to call. If he says no, he may be able to recommend someone else who's good.

When I talked to him again last year I thought he said he had too much other work, but you never know - maybe he would do a one off if the price was right. Wouldn't hurt to call. If he says no, he may be able to recommend someone else who's good.
after a littl mental acrobatics,I have come to realize the cummins 618 is the same as a 727, but with overdrive, sooo, I can toss the stronger goodies of the 618 into my 727 case and vvvwalaa, strong as all get out 727, some of the 1993 and up trannies have torrington roller bearings also, that a 800 dollar upgrade..I might be able to build me a tranny from all the parts in my backyard

Here's the page for built transmissions, just blank with the video of him explaining why he doesn't do them.

https://www.coperacingtrans.com/?product=built-transmissions

I bought one from him a few years ago, and everything was top notch.

Do it yourself....

Excluding the torque converter some of the spendy parts are the billet steel front gear ($500) and the billet front drum ($700), A&A Ultimate Sprag or CRT Drag Sprat (about $200)
Not sure on prices for the Performance clutches and kolen steels, but a full rebuild kit with all the performance clutches, steels, seals, bands, and bushings might be $300+
The Teflon sealing rings might cost extra. There are a bunch of upgrades that can be on top of that with modified pump stator support, heavy duty pump gears, billet rear drum, lightened sun shell, rollerized parts, billet servos, and such.

Do it yourself....

I plan on it,,,WOW this thing is fast, just cruisin down the highway car feels great motor just hums in aroaring kinda way, and I look down and see I'm doing 110 MPH

I plan on it,,,WOW this thing is fast, just cruisin down the highway car feels great motor just hums in aroaring kinda way, and I look down and see I'm doing 110 MPH
I've done plenty of 100+ mph driving over the years (especially in Europe) and if you don't know you're running close to the century mark in one of these old cars without having to look at the speedometer, then maybe you shouldn't be ownin one.....

Auto Transport Service
Back