• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Need a Drive Shaft PN-2996162 with 7290 for a 1970 Coronet with a 440/727/8.75 with trans yoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasFusca

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
I Need a Drive Shaft PN-2996162 that uses 7290 joints for a 1970 Coronet with a 440/727/8.75 with trans yoke 30 spline. looking for a nice less rusty one
Thanks

has to ship to NJ..local would be great

Get a new one made. 50 year old driveshafts are a gamble. You don't want to lose that gamble. I'm sure you have driveshaft shops in your area. Decide how much power/torque you want to control, then pick the diameter & thickness.

I hear you. My application is just stock. Won’t be over 500hp. That drive shaft was a stock high performance one. What are the risks of using original one in good shape?

Last edited:
Well I broke an OEM one that was only about 10 years old with a little less than 500 HP. It seemed in good shape to me at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back