• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on new positive battery cable

Do you solder them ?

I crimp, solder is not a great conductor. I can insert 8 or 10ga aux wires off both pos and negative post lugs.

I use only US made copper wire as well. Cost more, but, the quality and stranding is correct. Seen far too many china wire samples that had heavy insulation and 1-2 steps down in wire gauge stranding. Dirty stuff.

That figures! I would have had you make me one up. Had no idea. I'll keep you in my Rolodex
in case I need a longer one or I burn this thing up.
Who cares about looking stock. Looks like a quality piece!

Yeah, wish I knew too... :thumbsup:

Aluminum is fine electrically, until the current load increases, then the resistance
goes up and it starts making heat. When that happens, it's a vicious circle. No one
expects these cables to be made out of aluminum, but hey, they do all kinds of
screwey **** in China! The main cable is supposed to be made of 4AWG Copper.
anything else and it's not good.
You need twice the size in aluminum wire over the copper wire size.

Cracked back your box is full. I am in the market for some cables. If you don’t mind what is your price for a positive for a big block with a mini starter and a negative cable as well?
Matt B.

Cracked back your box is full. I am in the market for some cables. If you don’t mind what is your price for a positive for a big block with a mini starter and a negative cable as well?
Matt B.

PM sent. For a pair of cables, usually around 150-160 delivered in the US

Same as my relay kits, you want a different length, I do that without any upcharge if the battery is in stock under hood location. Some folks like to reroute with headers, etc.

QUOTE="Mopar Hunter, post: 911968920, member: 28155"]Buy direct from M&H.
Went to M&H, they don't sell direct. They have a message that says shop at Year One ($139.00)
Concourse cable. Went to Year One. They don't take PayPal. I have a nice balance at PayPal and
would like to use it. Oh well, I'm getting tired of the constant run around. Thanks Guys![/QUOTE]

Get a PayPal debit card, it takes the purchase out of your PayPal account but is a debit card.

Debit cards are a No No with me, and I'm not linking my paypal with my bank account!
What's fine for some is not with me.

Auto Transport Service
Back