• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Dorman part number for longer wheel studs

70ChargerRT

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Did some research and I know I need Dorman part number 610-446 for the rear but I can’t find a part number for the front longer wheel studs for my 70 Charger disk brakes. Probably need the same length as my rears. Any help would be appreciated.

In my opinion....
Step#1. Knock out a current stud (aluminum drift, wooden block, reversed lug nut, whatever it takes)
Step#2. Measure the knurl of the correct stock stud.
Step#3. Shop dormans catalog, or Summits' Dorman listings..
Alternate method: email or phone Dr Diff. I'm SURE he has that answer.
(For A body's and B bodies in 1970, there were 12 different part numbers for studs. At least).

The ones you listed are .350 longer than stock. I am using them for the front discs and stock length for the rear drums

We really need a sticky for the longer studs for front drums,front discs, and rear drums. Could add in the same for A-bodies too.

Here's what I used for the rear on my 71 Runner.
8 3/4 with 10" drum brakes.
Screenshot 2023-02-01 062806.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-01 063053.jpg

The ones you listed are .350 longer than stock. I am using them for the front discs and stock length for the rear drums
I figured the knurl was way to big for the front…Hmmm

We really need a sticky for the longer studs for front drums,front discs, and rear drums. Could add in the same for A-bodies too.
I’ll agree. It was easy to find what some were using for the rears but I couldn’t find a definite answer for the front because the knurl size is different.

Do you have factory front disc brakes? The size needed for the disc hats Cass sells (77-79 Aspen), Dorman 610-449. These have a smaller knurl than the rear factory drum brakes.

Do you have factory front disc brakes? The size needed for the disc hats Cass sells (77-79 Aspen), Dorman 610-449. These have a smaller knurl than the rear factory drum brakes.
Yeah factory disc but I’ve decided use Baer 13” front Disc so I’ll get the correct studs then. The 610-446 worked perfect for the back. Thanks for the help though.

Auto Transport Service
Back