• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on spring move in ?

killercuda

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I have a 65 CORONET 440 , and I'm wanting to move the spring in for wider and better tire options. Any help or advise would be very thankful. I have a 67 BARRACUDA with a 512 stroker in it , and I came across this. Can't wait to get it running !!! The Wife is going to get the CUDA (tamed down a little) and I'm getting the CORONET !!!! can't wait .....:woohoo:

Mopar sells a kit with a box that gets welded in the frame and offset hangers very simple if you can weld.

Hey Killer, moved my leaf inboard using the Mopar kit. Remove everything from the underside of the car. You really need to clean all of the surfaces on the frame rails up before diving into this one. We started by cutting out the inner wheel wells, splitting them on the seam and plasma cutting them from the trunk floor. You can use the template provided to cut the frame rails, some people leave the inside part of the frame rail intact and use it as additional support for mounting the new section. We did not care for this and removed both wall of the frame rail and mounted the new section on center line of the existing frame. The cuts and fits need to be very good, and the surfaces very clean for welding. I have attached a link for you from "Big block Dart.com"
that has a few good pictures. When I did mine I copied a SuperBee that was being built by either Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine. They had an excellent step by step photographic procedure. I will see if I can find it with the next day and post for ya. This is a good time to upgrade to a Cal trac or Slid-a- link suspension with the mono leafs if you have the extra coin. The hook is worth the cost if you want to go that route. You do not need offset hangers as mentioned above.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/index.php/topic,39330.0.html

What's the best wheel size and tire combo for my 65 CORONET ? My CORONET is very rock solid and I don't want to cut it up . THANKS for all the advise . My CUDA has a ladder bar rear and mini tubbed , I don't no if I want to cut this 1 up ......

Hey Killer, moved my leaf inboard using the Mopar kit. Remove everything from the underside of the car. You really need to clean all of the surfaces on the frame rails up before diving into this one. We started by cutting out the inner wheel wells, splitting them on the seam and plasma cutting them from the trunk floor. You can use the template provided to cut the frame rails, some people leave the inside part of the frame rail intact and use it as additional support for mounting the new section. We did not care for this and removed both wall of the frame rail and mounted the new section on center line of the existing frame. The cuts and fits need to be very good, and the surfaces very clean for welding. I have attached a link for you from "Big block Dart.com"
that has a few good pictures. When I did mine I copied a SuperBee that was being built by either Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine. They had an excellent step by step photographic procedure. I will see if I can find it with the next day and post for ya. This is a good time to upgrade to a Cal trac or Slid-a- link suspension with the mono leafs if you have the extra coin. The hook is worth the cost if you want to go that route. You do not need offset hangers as mentioned above.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/index.php/topic,39330.0.html

Is there still room for 3" tail pipes?

What's the best wheel size and tire combo for my 65 CORONET ? My CORONET is very rock solid and I don't want to cut it up . THANKS for all the advise . My CUDA has a ladder bar rear and mini tubbed , I don't no if I want to cut this 1 up ......

29 x 10.5w hoosier with no minitub and 15 x 10 wheel with 6.5 backspacing.

Attachments

• HEMI%20REUNION%2069%20HEMI%20RR%2065%20DODGE%20CORONET%20018.JPG
    HEMI%20REUNION%2069%20HEMI%20RR%2065%20DODGE%20CORONET%20018.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 239
  • pinks_etown%20mopar%20day%20_65%20dodge_65%20hemi%20belvedere%20019.JPG
    pinks_etown%20mopar%20day%20_65%20dodge_65%20hemi%20belvedere%20019.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 238
Auto Transport Service
Back