• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help to fix my 68 coronet font grill.

coronet68mx

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
I decide that is time to move my *** and restart my car with small parts that need a lot of attention, this is my grill, one side is perfect, the other not so much, a few of the fins are missing and I can't find an specific tread about how to fix this particular problem, any idea guys? apparently someone before me try to fix it, buy a new one is out of my budget, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

20220706_152610.jpg

20220706_152617.jpg

20220706_152534.jpg

20220706_152520.jpg

20220706_152528.jpg

20220706_152508.jpg

20220706_152515.jpg

You need to find an old grille with like materials. Bonding agent is made from old grille shavings and acetone. You mix the acetone and grille shavings in a jar and it will dissolve the shavings into a paste. You can then use the paste to repair or bond pieces. The mixture will bond like no other into the grille you are repairing. Let it fully dry and cure and the repair will be as solid as the grille was new. You can then grind and file the repairs. Then you can refinish it. Buy some acetone and shave some pieces and you can see what consistency the paste will be before starting to make repairs.

You need to find an old grille with like materials. Bonding agent is made from old grille shavings and acetone. You mix the acetone and grille shavings in a jar and it will dissolve the shavings into a paste. You can then use the paste to repair or bond pieces. The mixture will bond like no other into the grille you are repairing. Let it fully dry and cure and the repair will be as solid as the grille was new. You can then grind and file the repairs. Then you can refinish it. Buy some acetone and shave some pieces and you can see what consistency the paste will be before starting to make repairs.
Thank you so much I've never heard of that before, the fins looks like an aluminum like material .

Hey my friend! If you need anything sent there I am happy to get stuff and send it on to you, or if it’s small enough I could bring it in my luggage. But regarding your grill…
I’ve seen guys use the diffusers for lights to replace entire sections of grill. It is plastic, though. Also, some of our buildings have metal grills in the heating/cooling ducts that look very similar to what’s in your grill.

Hey my friend! If you need anything sent there I am happy to get stuff and send it on to you, or if it’s small enough I could bring it in my luggage. But regarding your grill…
I’ve seen guys use the diffusers for lights to replace entire sections of grill. It is plastic, though. Also, some of our buildings have metal grills in the heating/cooling ducts that look very similar to what’s in your grill.
This is an interesting idea the mayor problem would be the size of the squares, one side is In very good shape the other not so much as I state and it's the original grille,

BTW the family ask about you in our last trip to ixtapa and your evil intentions :lol: the offer still stand my dear friend.

This is an interesting idea the mayor problem would be the size of the squares, one side is In very good shape the other not so much as I state and it's the original grille,

BTW the family ask about you in our last trip to ixtapa and your evil intentions :lol: the offer still stand my dear friend.
I have one more trip to Mazatlan to finish my teeth, probably November or December. That one will be a month, then I’m done with dental work. Then I can go to Mexico to relax.
On May 11 my town was hit with a devastating flood. It’s the biggest disaster in territory history with over 400 houses damaged or destroyed. Our house was untouched but it got everything on two sides of us. The entire town was evacuated on a moments notice. It will be years fixing the damage. If you have time to kill just Google “Hay River flood 2022”. It was the most amazing thing I’ve ever been through. I will probably have nightmares about it for ever.
Chika is well. I can’t believe we’ve had her for two and a half years. Best cat ever. During the flood I actually volunteered to look after peoples cats that couldn’t take them with them when they evacuated. I had three, and was featured on the news a few times as a result. One was “Smokey” the most interesting cat I’ve ever encountered. But he’s a story for another day. I’ve attached a photo of him. I was taking my life in my hands getting this close to him, he was semi wild and the only cat ever that I was actually afraid of. He grew to tolerate me after a few weeks.

36E30B2C-EA54-4391-9DDD-58A4A291BFBE.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back