• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help. Where does the speedometer cable route through the body

shortthrow50

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
1970 GTX full resto w 426 hemi and torque flight.
Cant find any where where the dang speedometer cable goes through to meet the trans. I was thinking right through the trans tunnel to avoid the heat of the headers but i cant find any holes where it would have routed in stock location. Anyone have a picture or know where it goes? Icant find a spot in the firewall either that it may have gone through. Thanks in advance

I didnt see anyother holes. Do you know of any pictures floatin around where you can show me where. Thanks dude

speedo cable

i just on my '69 RR.look straight down from the brake master cylinder.there should be an oblong rubber grommet and a round rubber grommet or hole right next to the fender well.my speedo cable goes thru the round one.hope that helps.

Photos below of my 70 Road Runner. I have a hydraulic clutch which may make it look different, but it goes in the hole where the factory clutch rod went. It is the cable in the center of the under dash photo and on the firewall pic it is the cable coming out of the black grommet right of the steering column and under the master cylinder. Hope this helps!

dash 007.jpg

dash 008.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back