• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need measurements on 69 b-body

yalpngulp

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I am trying to work on a piece for my n96 ramcharger hood to use with a 440 and a single 4 barrel. I need measurement to locate the carburetor placement on the hood. If somebody could give me measurements from the inner fenders to the threaded rod on the center of the carburetor and also from the edge of the cowl where the hood meets when it's closed to the same point. I would appreciate it. The red, blue and green lines in the Picture Show the reference points. Thanks in advance!!

20191018_111414.jpg

I am trying to work on a piece for my n96 ramcharger hood to use with a 440 and a single 4 barrel. I need measurement to locate the carburetor placement on the hood. If somebody could give me measurements from the inner fenders to the threaded rod on the center of the carburetor and also from the edge of the cowl where the hood meets when it's closed to the same point. I would appreciate it. The red, blue and green lines in the Picture Show the reference points. Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 851911
G (passenger side) = 24 3/4"
R (rear) = 14 1/8"
B (driver side) = 27 7/8"

NOTE: (1) It's hard to get closer than 1/16" measurements with the hood hinges in the way. (2) The engine placement side to side can vary quite a bit depending on your engine mounts etc. So, give yourself some extra room or just wait until you install your engine if it is that critical.

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
G (passenger side) = 24 3/4"
R (rear) = 14 1/8"
B (driver side) = 27 7/8"

NOTE: (1) It's hard to get closer than 1/16" measurements with the hood hinges in the way. (2) The engine placement side to side can vary quite a bit depending on your engine mounts etc. So, give yourself some extra room or just wait until you install your engine if it is that critical.

View attachment 852135
That's perfect. Thank you!!

I have solid Moroso mounts in my 69 Road Runner.
G (passenger side) 25 1/4"
R (rear) 15 1/16"
B (drivers side) 27 3/4"

Interesting how much my measurements vary from themechanic's.

I have solid Moroso mounts in my 69 Road Runner.
G (passenger side) 25 1/4"
R (rear) 15 1/16"
B (drivers side) 27 3/4"

Interesting how much my measurements vary from themechanic's.
Well it's because your car is 3/8" wider :)

I should hold out to see if anyone else chimes in with measurements so I can at least get an average.

Some possible variables in this equation.......... a Plymouth B vs. a Dodge B (your two examples so far)

Also I wonder about different intakes and different carbs as well? And of course as said previously, the motor mounts could make some difference as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back