• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need mechanic in SoCal to do cam swap

Do I dare ask what an hourly SoCal shop rate is anymore? You do have those two big classic car parts places nearby. One is in Seal Beach, the other is in Huntington Beach. You'd think they should have many connections also.
If I recall correctly OC Cars was a Buck Sixty an hour for mechanical work. But that was a couple of years ago. Don't know if that's changed like everything else. A call would tell you everything you need to know in that regard. They'll give you a job quote to.

I am racing at Divisional Finals the rest of the week.
Not being pushy. I hate that. Do ypu have a rough idea of when you might have an opening. I have to schedule my Dr visits so I have a few days free time.

I am delivering a Superstock car to Missouri currently.
I am then racing and traveling to Divisional and National
races for the next four or five weeks.
Sorry: You will need to find someone else.
My schedule is slammed.

I am delivering a Superstock car to Missouri currently.
I am then racing and traveling to Divisional and National
races for the next four or five weeks.
Sorry: You will need to find someone else.
My schedule is slammed.
Ok thanks for letting me know. Good luck at the races.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Good luck at the races.
I'm kind of wondering why the guy offered so generously offered and then so suddenly pulled the plug. You can still try OC Cars at the number I provided. Good luck

It’s ok I was being pushy I think. And he has a busy shop. I’m looking local.

I have an appointment for the 20th at OC Speed. Thanks.

I'm kind of wondering why the guy offered so generously offered and then so suddenly pulled the plug. You can still try OC Cars at the number I provided. Good luck
I am racing every Damn week to the Middle of November somewhere in the country!!
I did not know it was a rush job as his car was still running.
I do not have a shop that does mechanical work and that is not my trade.
We own Boulder City Trailers or this is how I make a living. I was just trying to help a guy out!
He wanted to get a Motel and wait while I did it and as most of you guys know = Sometimes
something goes wrong or you need additional parts that might take days or weeks to find and
order. I was not comfortable with that possibility and have him stuck in our little town and be
without transportation or knowing anyone. That was the main issue for me as well as being able
to do it on my schedule as I still work full time as well. I was expecting to do it in one or two weekends
next month.
I was fortunate enough to qualify and get accepted to NHRA World Finals and Las Vegas Nationals in
next few weeks and I did not know that we would be able to go to them in advance.

Sorry!!

Last edited:
I am racing every Damn week to the Middle of November somewhere in the country!!
I did not know it was a rush job as his car was still running.
I do not have a shop that does mechanical work and that is not my trade.
We own Boulder City Trailers or He how I make a living. I was just trying to help a guy out!
He wanted to get a Motel and wait while I did it and as most of you guys know = Sometimes
something goes wrong or you need additional parts that might take days or weeks to find and
order. I was not comfortable with that possibility and have him stuck in our little town and be
without transportation or knowing anyone. That was the main issue for me as well as being able
to do it on my schedule as I still work full time as well.
Sorry!!
Slow down bucko and take a chill pill - or a few Jack and Cokes - Not intended as a major indictment. I was just curious as stated. I had a member offer - if I could get my X up to Central CA from where I live down South - to put in a new rear main. I couldn't get the car up there but thanked him profusely because I believe he's good as gold when he offers something. I'm sure you are as well. Laying out time frames may have been helpful. But it's all good. I think he's set up an appt at the shop I recommended here in OC and close to him. I hope it all goes well for him.

As for you - I hope you do some kickin *** and taking names on the tracks. That's what it's all about. Good luck to you as well!

Auto Transport Service
Back