• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need multiport EFI punch list/parts help

No worries; my old school wrenching skills are fully intact but my knowledge of efi is significantly limited at this point. However, thanks to you good folks, I'm learning at a rapid pace. Please keep the info coming. My engine is normally aspirated, no power adders.
Post pictures of your current engine and the parts you bought. They should work with nearly anyone’s EFI system. What size are the injectors? What fuel system are you planning on running? I chose Holley because of support. NOT support from Holley as it’s horrible, but support in the form of online groups and local racers all using the Holley system. There’s endless information on installing, wiring and tuning it all over the Internet. It makes a huge difference. My buddy has a FuelTech in his car and there's hardly any information to be found in comparison.

That's a great option - I like it! And really sanitary install. Was it difficult to get it to fit?
it was simple gut the old dash internail and simple wiring.

dash 22.jpg

dash 2.jpg

hear is the pro-flow 4 i installed coast around 3000. all in.

run.jpg

hear is the pro-flow 4 i installed coast around 3000. all in.

View attachment 1468339
That is what I have too. Originally the old entire Edelbrock kit that only had a simple controller and non-wideband O2 sensor.
I was talking to a co-worker who said his father had one and they had injector O-ring leak? That is why I was interested in finding out what O-rings the old injectors have and if they should be changed? I went with this setup because it will fit under the hood without a scoop.

That is what I have too. Originally the old entire Edelbrock kit that only had a simple controller and non-wideband O2 sensor.
I was talking to a co-worker who said his father had one and they had injector O-ring leak? That is why I was interested in finding out what O-rings the old injectors have and if they should be changed? I went with this setup because it will fit under the hood without a scoop.
there should be new O-rings to replace the old ones and they will stand up to the alcohol in the fuel . as long as the O-ring diameter is snug to the body and not to fat for the intake they should work. have you been on the edelbrock forum ? there may be more info on that system there.

Well, I haven't touched the car in two years, so not in a rush. Just something I was concerned with after hearing about the leak from my co-worker?
He just said there was a leak, might not even be O-ring related, but the car is setup for flex fuel. The FAST 2.0 can be setup to use a GM flex-fuel sensor to adjust for the alcohol in the fuel. I also bought a knock sensor with the 1/8 NPT mounting to check out, mounted in the lower water drain on the side of the block.
I don't expect it to really work for timing retard (at least not till I have more data), but I can monitor and log it.

Well, I haven't touched the car in two years, so not in a rush. Just something I was concerned with after hearing about the leak from my co-worker?
He just said there was a leak, might not even be O-ring related, but the car is setup for flex fuel. The FAST 2.0 can be setup to use a GM flex-fuel sensor to adjust for the alcohol in the fuel. I also bought a knock sensor with the 1/8 NPT mounting to check out, mounted in the lower water drain on the side of the block.
I don't expect it to really work for timing retard (at least not till I have more data), but I can monitor and log it.
if you use a knock sensor and a gage you can watch you will know when spark knock happens and you can auj, timing.

if you use a knock sensor and a gage you can watch you will know when spark knock happens and you can auj, timing.
The knock sensor is a new learning thing for me. I am not sure how well it will react being mounted so low on the outside of the block?
The actual sensor will be connected to the GM sensor module (I don't think the sensor will interface directly to the FAST ECM?) and I am going to monitor / log the output for now.

Got any tips on wiring up the sensor module?

The knock sensor is a new learning thing for me. I am not sure how well it will react being mounted so low on the outside of the block?
The actual sensor will be connected to the GM sensor module (I don't think the sensor will interface directly to the FAST ECM?) and I am going to monitor / log the output for now.

gm use to put all knock sensors low on the block as not to get to much valve train noise. when you install and at idle you have a starting point on the frequency of noise in the engine so as you drive you can see the level of noise in the engine hit the peddle and see what you get lower timming and see if it changes the level of noise. the knock sensor has quarts crystal in it that make a low voltage for your reading. hope this helps

summit sells a gage for the knock sensor the wiring will be there for the gage. if the maker of the e.c.u has a in-put for the knock it should be in the wire diagram

summit sells a gage for the knock sensor the wiring will be there for the gage. if the maker of the e.c.u has a in-put for the knock it should be in the wire diagram
Funny thing. I looked up the instructions for the "Caspers Electronics Knock Gauges 102001"
The gauge is sold to basically display the factory stock sensor output on Buick GN, and Turbo TA cars. Below is what to do for all other cars:
http://www.installationinstructions.com/102001rev3.pdf
"All Others: An ESC module is required to interface with this gauge. If the vehicle has this module, attach gauge as shown. If not, you must use a GM ESC module to facilitate installation."

That is pretty much what I'm doing, just taking the ESC output to the FAST ECU instead of a gauge display.

Auto Transport Service
Back