• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Pictures of 67 Coronet R/T with factory stripe

A383Wing

Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Neighbor has a 67 Coronet R/T he acquired, fender tag says red outside, white interior, and white horizontal stripe....

I'm not sure where the factory stripe goes...who can show me?

Thanks, Bryan

that's not what the fender tag says....under the "B" in the "USB" section it has a "W", which stands for "horizontal accent stripe - white"

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it's under the "S", but for some reason I cannot edit my post

Attachments

• 67 Coronet RT fender tag.jpg
    67 Coronet RT fender tag.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 386
its probably a pinstripe
this one is black, its hard to see but its there

Here is a brochure I found...but the stripe at the bottom is black

Attachments

• Coronet-RT-01s.jpg
    Coronet-RT-01s.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 623
that one also has a black pinstripe at the top of the body side.

id like to know what it reads inside the stripe

There was no horrizontal stripe offered from the factory regardless of what you see on the tag

it says "DODGE"

- - - Updated - - -

There was no horrizontal stripe offered from the factory regardless of what you see on the tag

you worked at Chrysler back then and have seen every fender tag made and every car? I got proof right here says there was a stripe...I'm looking for more pictures of this

Attachments

• Coronet-RT-01s.jpg
    Coronet-RT-01s.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 514
I've never seen one with those pin stripes but they look like they fit. Mine only had the top pin stripes when I got it, and it was original paint. Maybe the pic with the bottom wode stripes was a Mexico car. I've seen some unique coronets allegedly sold there.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a brochure I found...but the stripe at the bottom is black
I read somewhere that the coronet was going to be the roadrunner but plymouth scoop dodge first. Any truth to that? The advertisement clearly suggests that. Comments?

I think you are talking about the double pin stripe at the top. The upper line is 1/4" spaced 1/4" from the top, the lower line is 1/8" spaced 1/8" from the upper line. The back ends are terminated at about a 45 degree angle and both lines are terminated in line with each other. Just use the same piece of tape for both. On the front is where they ended the line by just pulling the brush(s?) away from the car. The front lines also end pointing straight down, they followed the curve at the front of the fender. I'm pretty sure they were painted by hand. I have a nice pic of the rear of an original one clearly worn, but still there, let me know if you want it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that lower stripe with Dodge in it was a dealer installed option.

the 67 I have here has the horizontal strip across the bottom that says "DODGE" like the brochure pics above...but it's black instead of white like fender tag says

car sports OE paint and there is no other side stripe on the car...

There is a small pinstripe that follows the body contour line.

The rocker panel stripe pictured in the ad was not available from the factory.

Attachments

• 67_RT_Stripe.jpg
    67_RT_Stripe.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 459

that is one nice car, I would love to see the fender tag on that one....thanks for posting the link

- - - Updated - - -

perfect, thank you...where did you get that pic? I would like to have the full size version

next question, car is coded for white interior, was the headliner supposed to be white also? I know the visors, seats, arm rests, and door panels were white, all other interior was black, I am not sure about the headliner

I believe that is preproduction. Has anyone ever seen the lower one on anything other than sales brochures?

I got a big Mopar meet tomorrow here, I will look carefully at all the Coronet R/T's and see.

Auto Transport Service
Back