• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Pictures of 67 Coronet R/T with factory stripe

next question, car is coded for white interior, was the headliner supposed to be white also? I know the visors, seats, arm rests, and door panels were white, all other interior was black, I am not sure about the headliner

My 67 R/T has the black/white interior. It is an all-original, unrestored car that I have owned since 1982, and purchased from the original owner (elderly). Technically, there was no "white" interior on 67 Coronets; only black/white. On my car, the seat covers, door panel inserts, and arm rest pads are white pearl. The remainder of the interior; carpet, headliner, visors, package tray, upper and lower door paint, dash pad, and dash paint are all black. This is the way the black/white interiors came from the factory. Never say never, but I know the lineage of my car and it's unmolested. Also, all other unrestored R/T's I've seen with black/white interiors only have white on the components I listed.

Also, as others have stated, the "stripe" alluded to on the fender tag is the upper pinstripe. The "DODGE" stripe was a dealer-installed item. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

JD

yea, I know what all was white inside, my main question was about the headliner...I have a white interior also in my Charger...it too is half black and half white...but there were no white headliners in the 66 or 67 Chargers

yea, I know what all was white inside, my main question was about the headliner...I have a white interior also in my Charger...it too is half black and half white...but there were no white headliners in the 66 or 67 Chargers

Okay, cool. I just listed all the white components because you listed visors being white, and they are supposed to be black.

Cheers,

JD

Both of my uncles 67 coronets 500s, one was an 88-1 blue with white interior and it had a white headliner. The other was red with white interior and it had a black headliner. They both could have been changed but I doubt it.....

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only pic I have and its from about 2009 after he sold it. Again, it was probably replaced and maybe they used a white one?

top.jpg

yea, I know what all was white inside, my main question was about the headliner...

Parts book calls for a black headliner with P6W interior code

Attachments

• FBBO_67_Dodge_Headliners_650.jpg
    FBBO_67_Dodge_Headliners_650.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 186
Okay, cool. I just listed all the white components because you listed visors being white, and they are supposed to be black.

Cheers,

JD

Interesting...in the Chargers, if you had white interior, the headliner was black but the sun visors were white, along with the other items I mentioned....

New to this post, but I took delivery of a 67 R/T in August 1967. The car was black with a red interior, and painted red stripes from the factory, 1/4 inch over 1/8 inch near the top of the fender line down the side. The bold lower stripes with "Dodge" in the middle were a dealer installed accessory.

I know this is an old thread but this old Dodge commercial says there WAS an option for "Competition Stripes" in 1967 for the RT. Look at timestamp 7:10. It shows and says it has a cool hood and optional Competition Stripe.

I have day one pictures of a 67 R/T that my parents bought new. The car still lives local to me and fairly original. It has the W on the tag, EE1 car. This is the pinstripe at the top body line.

I just picked up a 67 R/T last weekend that was at the same local dealer as my parents car, build dates on the cars are Oct/Nov. what's interesting is both cars were stocking orders and both have anteanneas mounted on the rear of the car and not front fender, dealer installed. I think the build sheet is still in the car I just got. I will be looking for it this week end. Point is anything is possible once it got to the dealer I guess.

I have day one pictures of a 67 R/T that my parents bought new. The car still lives local to me and fairly original. It has the W on the tag, EE1 car. This is the pinstripe at the top body line.

I just picked up a 67 R/T last weekend that was at the same local dealer as my parents car, build dates on the cars are Oct/Nov. what's interesting is both cars were stocking orders and both have anteanneas mounted on the rear of the car and not front fender, dealer installed. I think the build sheet is still in the car I just got. I will be looking for it this week end. Point is anything is possible once it got to the dealer I guess.

The commercial is not at pinstripe it is a wide stripe above the rocker panel between the wheel wells.

I understand. I'm saying the trim tag refers to the pin stripe at the top and not the rocker stripe.

I know this is an old thread but this old Dodge commercial says there WAS an option for "Competition Stripes" in 1967 for the RT. Look at timestamp 7:10. It shows and says it has a cool hood and optional Competition Stripe.

Yeah, I think they missed out on not having that lower rocker stripe! If they would have just put a little bee at the back and started the scatpack sooner it would have made it even better! Oh marketing at it's greatest!

Yeah, I think they missed out on not having that lower rocker stripe! If they would have just put a little bee at the back and started the scatpack sooner it would have made it even better! Oh marketing at it's greatest!

Confused, so the commercial says yes and the experts today say no?

I think what I'm trying to convey is that the 'W' on the trim tag under UBS is the upper pin stripe. It did not mean that the car got the lower stripe.

There are two other stripes that I've never seen other than in ads or brochures. One is the rocker stripe like they show in the TV you posted. The second is a lower set of pin stripes. I've seen some ads with those but never a real car, restored or survivor. I think these other stripes are possible but would have been applied at the dealer.

Auto Transport Service
Back