• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need quick help against vin fraud. Hamtramck

4mulas

Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
In what order and how much of the vin would be stamped ona block from a 6 pack car (cuds) built at Hamtramck in 1970?

I know that 69 cars from Lynch include the model like RM then year, plant and sequence like 9a234221

0BXXXXXX

that is a zero not the letter O
B the plant
Then the last 6 of the vin

0BXXXXXX

that is a zero not the letter O
B the plant
Then the last 6 of the vin

I agree and have found something a little fishy.

What are the odds the plant worker would have ever transposed the B and the 0 (zero) ?

Is the trans original? What does the stamp look like there?

Maybe they put the body stamping guy on drive train stamping that day.... :D

Last edited:

What are the odds the plant worker would have ever transposed the B and the 0 (zero) ?
I know nothing on this, if worker transposed them that's one thing. Would anything be gained by fraudulently transposing them? Like idea of checking trans, would they use same stamp?

I like checking the trans. also supposedly same guy same stamp so both should be like that.
Ron

My 70 Road Runner is a RM21N0E car. I have correct VIN derivatives on the engine and transmission. In other words, 0EXXXXXX. However, my radiator support is stamped E0XXXXXX. So the 0 and E are reversed on my radiator support.

No the trans was and is not nor was it ever claimed to be numbers but the motor was ‘supposed’ to be. I was pretty sure I knew the answer to my question but wasn’t sure if Hamtramck has a different way or anomaly as compared to the plants I have had first hand experience with.

Thank to all !

I just helped someone realize they were scammed when they punched the car, before they turned around and sold it fraudulently as ‘numbers’ matching motor…. Not sure if want to call that help. Lol

It can not be certainly ruled out, that's for sure. That could be the case.

B & 0 transposed is common.. How is the font? How is the stamp alignment? Uniform depth? I'm less suspicious of flaws then I am of perfection....

Last edited:
B & 0 transposed is common..
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYIqv53LNGe-2sKlOU5Tgq0PNPbwBdtyeBEA&usqp=CAU.jpg

B & 0 transposed is common.. How is the font? How is the stamp alignment? Uniform depth? I'm less suspicious of flaws then I am of perfection....

B is slightly crooked, font is okay on all and the last digit is faint as compared to the first 5 of the vin. Alignment on the vin portion is up and down (first two inline, next two slightly higher, last two inline with the last digit slightly faint.
Don’t really want to post it at this time to protect the owner until can figure out what to do

@69Coronetrt
Lets see what Doug thinks..

Doug thinks pics would be helpful to see if there are machine marks on the pad. After that, I'd reach out to to Barry Washington as he is far better at 70 Hamtramck than I am.

Sometimes it's difficult to give correct/accurate/informative answers without seeing what the poster is seeing. This is one of those cases.

After some phone calls and what not at his end people are ‘declaring’ it wasn’t sold as a numbers car and the words “I told you it wasn’t a numbers car, remember” were spoken. Sounds like an oh oh I was caught situation. Lol

I’m steering clear of all of it and for what it’s worth I think it’s not real. The pad at the top of the engine was stamped F440 and the HP2 at the bottom of that pad wasn’t level (it followed the contour of the pad and not the line of the f440 stamping, also No date stamp for month day etc. I’m pretty sure it’s fake and instructed him to proceed as such so future buyers don’t get screwed.

and with that...

:xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless:

Auto Transport Service
Back