• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hypothetical VIN question:

If I recall, Plymouth built over 300,000 Dusters in 1973 alone. Imagine adding up the Valiants, Satellites, Furys, every other car. You could have exceeded 1 million cars in a model year, right?
For that year, Plymouth pumped out 882,196 vehicles. Dodge made 665,536 while Chrysler produced 234,223. Imperial added another 16,729.

My belief also is….that is the reason that the VIN system was changed from 14 digits to 17, they are producing way more cars now than they did in the 60’s/70’s
Even with a 17 digit VIN, only the last 6 are sequence numbers, the other added numbers are generally Country of Assembly, Brand, Division, and a Check Digit.

I’m pretty sure if you look at the fine print in the lower corners there should be info
The door sticker you're thinking about with MDH was used by Chrysler Corporation beginning with the 1973 model year.

:xscuseless:
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back