• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Small Edge Guard

JR_Charger

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Need something like this -

tach_10_edge_combing_needed_b.JPG

to go around the cover I made for my tach stand -

tach_10_edge_combing_needed_a.JPG

Everything I've found is way too big. The stuff above is 5/16"s tall, I need more like an 1/8" and flexible enough to go around those curves and stay in place. I've thought about taking some small diameter heat shrink tubing and slicing it like split wire conduit, but it will shrink in the summer.

There's got to be something out there.

Try a piece of #12 wire outer coating. You have to be accurate on your split down the center but it could work maybe even #10 gauge wire... Whichever gives you what you are looking for. Or split a windshield washer hose in half there are many ways to skin a cat..

I was going to say windshield washer hose. Slit it open with Exacto knife.

You may need a jig to slit tubing "straight" but, it's easily doable. I use tubing for grommets and weather strip adhesive to secure it.
Mike

I'm sure I could rig up a jig and an x-acto blade, if I don't already have one somewhere. Stripping a wire of its coating would work, if I could find a very small diameter tubing in black that might be even better. Too much strength in the tube though would deform my thin cover.

tach_11_edging_first_try.JPG

10 gauge wire insulation. I might try again with 12 or 14 gauge, but this isn't too bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back