• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Some 1966 Build Sheet Help!

aardude

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to piece together the Build Sheet for my 1966 Belvedere II which is real faded and unreadable in some areas. I am able to read or determine most of the codes except for the following
Build Codes on the 5th row.

WHEEL | WHEEL COVERS | STEERING COLUMN | STEERING WHEEL/HORN RING

Wheels: Stock stamped steel 14 x 5.5" (Hemi, if it makes a difference)
Wheel Covers: Full Belvedere II wheel covers (like the Satellite but no spinners).
Steering Column: Power steering, Column shifted automatic.
Steering wheel: Woodgrain with 3 spoke

If anyone knows what those Build Codes should be or has similar items on their car and can read their build sheets, I sure would appreciate the help!!
Thanks!!!!

I am trying to piece together the Build Sheet for my 1966 Belvedere II which is real faded and unreadable in some areas. I am able to read or determine most of the codes except for the following
Build Codes on the 5th row.

WHEEL | WHEEL COVERS | STEERING COLUMN | STEERING WHEEL/HORN RING

Wheels: Stock stamped steel 14 x 5.5" (Hemi, if it makes a difference)
Wheel Covers: Full Belvedere II wheel covers (like the Satellite but no spinners).
Steering Column: Power steering, Column shifted automatic.
Steering wheel: Woodgrain with 3 spoke

If anyone knows what those Build Codes should be or has similar items on their car and can read their build sheets, I sure would appreciate the help!!
Thanks!!!!

I found a build sheet decoder.
https://www.themoparshop.com/shop/userDocs/options.pdf

I have a Hemi Satellite and the wheel code is 14B. The steering wheel/horn ring code is 13V but I'm not sure if that's the code for a 3 spoke wood grain wheel. I have some paperwork when the car was delivered they may have put a 3 spoke on the car at the dealer. The other codes you need can't help you with. Try different lighting when looking at build sheet. The story on the different lighting is to long to type.

I have a Hemi Satellite and the wheel code is 14B. The steering wheel/horn ring code is 13V but I'm not sure if that's the code for a 3 spoke wood grain wheel. I have some paperwork when the car was delivered they may have put a 3 spoke on the car at the dealer. The other codes you need can't help you with. Try different lighting when looking at build sheet. The story on the different lighting is to long to type.
I do believe that the 14B code is correct for the 14x5.5" wheel. Thanks for the help!

Found another decoder that says the 14 inch sport wheel covers are code 582 And that decoder is found on this page the codes are towards the bottom. Which is this type of wheel cover.

http://papentastars.tripod.com/id21.html

s-l225.jpg

I have spinner hub caps it's a two digit code 10. Judging by the size of the place for the code it's a two digit code. The three digit code for torsion bars is wider, can't swear to it. Galen Govier white books, never seen one?

Yes it an auto. I was looking to see if part numbers had anything to do with part numbers of options. Radiator 48 on B sheet, my radiator is a 948. I'll look up some part numbers to see if they use 3,2 or last number in the part number to tell line worker what to put on a car. I doubt it I'll take a look.

Seem to recall the three digits for torsion were actually the last 3 digits of the full part number.

Yes on the torsion bars 780, 781. I looked at a few part numbers and the sway bar ends with 5 so does p/n. Rear springs don't match on b sheet and parts book. I think it's hit and miss. On those decode sites Some had a 3 number code but b sheet might only have 1 or 2 numbers but they can help.

Yes it an auto. I was looking to see if part numbers had anything to do with part numbers of options. Radiator 48 on B sheet, my radiator is a 948. I'll look up some part numbers to see if they use 3,2 or last number in the part number to tell line worker what to put on a car. I doubt it I'll take a look.

That seems to be true in many cases (e.g. radiator and torsion bars) but how do we explain the 14B code for the wheels or the 14V or 13V for the steering column and steering wheel? I don't recall any Chrysler part numbers ending with an alpha code. I wonder if the alpha code stands for something else!?! Very puzzling!

That seems to be true in many cases (e.g. radiator and torsion bars) but how do we explain the 14B code for the wheels or the 14V or 13V for the steering column and steering wheel? I don't recall any Chrysler part numbers ending with an alpha code. I wonder if the alpha code stands for something else!?! Very puzzling!

Hey Fran, just noticed that your Hemi Satellite is convertible. That's awesome! My Belvedere II is also a convertible, 1 of 10 total and 1 of 6 automatics. Mine is Citron Gold, bench seat, column auto, power steering, no radio or any other options. Currently completing a complete resto which should be done by early spring. Tell me something about yours; What are the production numbers on the Satellites? How long have you had it? What are your options? Any other interesting facts?

Bought the car in 1978. Just ps, pb gold interior and a radio. 2 years ago I looked up the original owner and hit the mother lode. Original order form, finance form window sticker the only thing he didn't have was the certicard. He had that in a bowl on top of a chine cabinet and had kitchen fire that melted it.
Satellite 3.jpg
DSC_0864.JPG
Couldn't turn second picture. Original owner the sign behind says it all.

Wow, you hit the jackpot alright....sweet!! Too bad about the certicard though but it isn't a critical piece especially if you have the buildsheet or IBM card. Anyway, check out some of my pics; we have the exact same steering wheel. You said that you think that it might have been a dealer add on and not factory!?!?!

IMG_4851.jpg 66 HEMI Belvedere (3).jpg IMG_4850.jpg

There were 27 Satellites no trans data. Mecum has one going up for auction at Kissimmee in Jan. leBrecque Auto Craft restored a 66 Hemi Belvedere II 10 years ago. It was the mauve (that odd color kind of light purple) maybe you can get them to email you a picture. It was sold a few years ago around 150K. Maybe you can help me with my steering wheel issue? Do you have the code on your build sheet for the three spoke steering wheel? Mine is 13V is yours the same? If you look at the work order the last two items left side 4016 VTT and the next one says cap. This I think is the steering wheel and horn button? The date is 4/18/66. Final sales agreement was on 4/15/66. When he took delivery ?? I cut his name out of corner, don't what to put it out there.
steering wheel.PNG

Copy of fifth row of my build sheet.View attachment 375600
I have found in most cases that a letter symbol following a number indicates either a paint color code or interior color code.
Examples: Build sheet 14B wheel code - "14" is the wheel itself according to size and or car model. For wheels, it turns out the "14" is not the last two numbers of the factory part number. The letter "B" is the paint code for the wheel. (Black) Cars ordered with wheel covers were painted black. On the other hand, if the car came from the factory with hubcaps, the wheel was painted the body color. My 67 Charger build sheet shows wheel code 16D indicating the car came from the factory without optional wheel covers. The body paint code for this car is "D" medium blue metallic.
For the steering column 13V- "13" is the type of column (column shift automatic) and the "V" for 1966 indicates the car had a tan and white interior color code thus the column was painted to match the dash, door paint and etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back