• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some advice on Exhaust Systems

I installed the Jegs 2 1/2" system on my 440 GTX last weekend. It fit well. I needed a short piece of pipe to mate the drivers side with the header but I think this was caused by the no-name headers I have as the system is designed for Hooker Super comps. I used Cherrybomb Vortex mufflers and an H-pipe and I like the sound. The H-pipe is also a Jegs part that I purchased seperately at the same time as the exhaust.

If you are trying to optimize your power stay away from baffled mufflers and go with a straight through, glass pack design. Baffles create backpressure, two baffles more than one, three more than two obviously but even one baffle is a restriction.

When I bought my flow bastards the instructions said H-Pipe. Looking back 3" system is good for flow but is loud and drone's so much can barely here inside the car, maybe when all the dyno mat is done it will be better. It's sure sounds bad *** when your flooring it though lol scares the **** out of everyone around you, love seeing giant eyes at stop lights OMG!

IMAG0025-1.gif

I know quite a few "classic" owners, Mopar, GM & Ford (including myself) who are using the DynoMax Ultra Flows or the newer VT's with 2.25", 2.5" & 3.0" systems. Both sound very nice.
Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, you have given me a lot to think about while I try and figure out which way I am going to go. I know I want a pre fabbed system, but the flowmaster and others are a little expensive for my pocket book right now. I have been looking at the jegs or summit system with the x pipe.

I will update once its on and post a small video of it.

thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back