• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some opinions be nice please l o l Selling my duster to buy a 69 roadrunner..

IMG_4560.gif

RR is TB3 "Petty" blue?

That's a plus.

For me the Road Runner is a much, much more desirable car and it looks pretty solid. A 69 RR hardtop they made about 48k verse a 75 duster they built 120k. Neither is rare...but the Road Runners were ALL big block performance cars. Your Duster looks sharp, I have several A bodies but being 6'3 I am just not that comfortable in the duster/demon/dart sport. The roof comes in on the side reducing headroom. I love Driving the B bodies and I am a Big block guy all day long!!!! That being said I have a 340 4 speed duster as well.

Last edited:
My Duster had the one piece cardboard headliner.

I'm also 6'3" and with a long spine.

It had 75 Charger buckets (with the spacers removed) and I had just as much headroom as my B body cars, possibly a tad more.

My Duster had the one piece cardboard headliner.

I'm also 6'3" and with a long spine.

It had 75 Charger buckets (with the spacers removed) and I had just as much headroom as my B body cars, possibly a tad more.
I think the buckets do help..I hate bench seat dusters for head room, but the B's benchs are much better. A Duster is a smaller car..so do those mods in a B body and you will have more room then an A . I have found it's more that the duster side glass curving in because our 65 dart and 67 valiant the side glass is straight up and I like them better for room then our 71 duster. But I like the looks of the 71 more...just imho it isn't as comfortable for me...and there's no way to compare it to the B body...other then to say its smaller. Still love them.. When I was a Kid 7 of us piled in a 72 duster for a 200 mile trip in the heat of summer..Lol
That was a long trip:lol:

Last edited:
I always take the seat spacers out. It's the first thing I do whenever I buy a new one.

E body tracks (and 71-74 Bench seat outboard tracks) are shorter than 71-74 B body bucket tracks.

Hey, every 1/4 inch helps.

I think you need to take a long, hard, and objective look at that Roadrunner. Yes, from the pics it appears to be a "solid" car, and you say that selling the Duster would cover buying the Runner, but then . . .
Count on needing at least a rebuild on the 413, if not another engine. that one has apparently been setting out "open" for 9 years, probably going to at least need a bore/sleeve on the block, which gets into pistons also. With the wrong motor, and wrong mirrors being known, you have to wonder what else is "wrong" on the car. With the driver's door handle missing, is there mechanism missing in the door as well? I've built a couple of cars up from an empty shell, having to find all those "little things" is getting harder and harder. Just try finding the door latch and lock rods for an E body that are not in the door, and folks won't sell them out of the door. A lot of this depends on what you want the Runner to be/look like in the end. If just a "rat rod" then a lot of the wrong stuff doesn't matter, but if you're aiming for something that looks as good as the Duster, be prepared to spend a lot of $$$, even if you do a lot of the work yourself as I do, parts aren't getting any easier to find or cheaper. Just my $0.02

All replies are valid and very much appreciated points. The road runner was brought to the gentleman to be resforward. And 9 years later there. It is same spot. It has the battery in it even. The deal fell through and now the guy that was going to do. The restoration is wanting to sell it now.. I like the duster but most of the work has already been done and I am used to doing the work myself. I guess in my mind LOLI have delusions of grandeur. I'm thinking I can get this road. Runner up and running and drive it as is and work on it a little at a time.

If your Duster was a 70/71original 340 car,I would say keep the Duster,but the Duster being a 75,it's a no brainer to sell it to get the Road Runner.

So.....how much for the 'Runner?:thumbsup:
Lol In that condition just buy the pics. What is it worth. I was always told it is worth what somebody's willing to give you. or if you take the car across the scales at the boneyard. That's what it's worth the rest of blue sky

this is what you will be doing if you get the RR, ask he how I know

IMG_20220902_172310 (1).jpg

20230924_130523.jpg

All replies are valid and very much appreciated points. The road runner was brought to the gentleman to be resforward. And 9 years later there. It is same spot. It has the battery in it even. The deal fell through and now the guy that was going to do. The restoration is wanting to sell it now.. I like the duster but most of the work has already been done and I am used to doing the work myself. I guess in my mind LOLI have delusions of grandeur. I'm thinking I can get this road. Runner up and running and drive it as is and work on it a little at a time.
The guy that was going to do the restoration has the title or mechanics lien?

Auto Transport Service
Back