• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some opinions be nice please l o l Selling my duster to buy a 69 roadrunner..

63dodge440

Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
I have a few buyers for my 75 duster.. 340 727. 3:91 sure grip..great interior nice body..it's ride and drive....if I sell it I can buy a 69 roadrunner locally been sitting 9 years. Has a 63 413 ....the guy that has it knows nothing about it...I looked at it crawled under to have a look looks nice. I fell in love ...but it will need a lot of work to get it in the shape the duster is....my thought is the roadrunner will always be worth more that the 75 duster....

think about how much money you need to put in the RR and remember we never get it back when we sell it. Any pics of either? What was the RR original? Can you do most of the work?

I can do the work myself doing the work. All of the tram pieces and things are in the trunk of the road runner.

IMG_20240116_181237.jpg

IMG_20240116_181244.jpg

IMG_20240116_181154.jpg

20240120_123027.jpg

20240120_144822.jpg

20240120_122959.jpg

20240120_123049.jpg

I say sell that Duster and make that deal. I’m an A body through and through, but I also love Roadrunners. Definitely make that deal!

Your duster is sweet but I'd do it if you can get a good deal on the roadrunner. How often do you come across 69 Roadrunner as compared to a 75 Duster? I'd be trying to keep both personally.

A '69 RR with a '63 413 and been sitting for 9 years that the present owner doesn't know anything about. You already have a great looking, running Duster that seems to be in excellent condition. If this was my decision, I would stay with the Duster.

How much will you use either? Runner better riding, especially on road trips. Hard decision to make. How quickly could you be enjoying the Runner? Is it worth the wait in your mind? Decisions, decisions!!!!

Runner will always be worth more in the same condition. That one needs a resto though so take that into account, every time I do a car the cost is way more than the last one was.

Keep the Duster, buy the Road Runner. Win-win. Drive the duster while you do the road runner. When finished, drive the duster then drive the road runner. Win-win.

Good luck...

go for it if it makes you happy
life's too short to not do what you like, just need to make you happy
(& or the wifey, if you have one of them) if it's financially feasible

just curious
will selling that nice 75 Duster 340/727 w/3.91:a gears, cover the price ?

in same condition
you're right the 69 RR will probably always be worth more
they do ride a lil' better & a 69 is a great year, very popular car

I'd look under the dash at the wiring too, hope it's not hacked
sitting for 9+ years... you will need to go through all of it
all the rubber, hoses, probably fuel system & brakes too, all the fluids
&
better check the firewall bulkhead connectors too
in that climate get lots of corrosion/oxidation on the connections
&
hope it's wiring hasn't been nibbled on or been inhabited by mice
rabbits, or squirrels etc.
areas to look for around corners
the bottom of the windshields front & back "rust"
behind the tire bottom of the front fenders (usually from leaf or dirt/rust)
& around the rear wheel openings & behind the rear tires lower panels (rust)

Have fun...

I'm a Road Runner guy myself, on #13 now, 8) 68s 4) 69s 1) 70

Last edited:
Keep the Duster, buy the Road Runner. Win-win. Drive the duster while you do the road runner. When finished, drive the duster then drive the road runner. Win-win.
spot on …..when you finish the RR project the duster can be sold , until then you have something to enjoy….

The duster is not without issues. It looks way better in the pics. It has alot of body work filler ect.. has had front end rebuilt..interior is nice..mild built 340 runs and drives nice.. that being said I do need to take a closer look at the rr..yes the sale of the duster will cover buying the rr....so theirs thar lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back