• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some opinions before I buy

TNMOPARMAN

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
1972 charger original 318eng auto trans ad said runs and drives good but a phone call found out its been parked for 5 years and moved some but has the old gas which occasionally stalls it. Body apparently has bubbling in the usual places but decent paint. interior has been redone in good shape. Hidden headlights work factory ac unhooked. All lights signals, etc work.

He's asking $7300.

What would you offer?

00s0s_k91ENAFmqi6_600x450.jpg00q0q_HjQHbQFSw5_600x450.jpg00z0z_dmvG8qeVERV_600x450.jpg01212_hX5hqYKMMED_600x450.jpg01212_cX7WC1dNQT2_600x450.jpg00F0F_4rPJKsgifvL_600x450.jpg00808_cISKuY46xxM_600x450.jpg00o0o_3ZEEcV0px3y_600x450.jpg00606_iRQkR5q7TiV_600x450.jpg00f0f_6ETJybyS3B8_600x450.jpg

It would depend somewhat on what you're looking for. If you ever want it to look stock, you'll have to add the cost of the seats, door panels, dash. Was the instrument panel cut for the stereo? That headliner actually looks pretty good.

Bubbling paint could mean panels have gone far enough to need replacing. Which means, how is the frame? And was there a mechanical reason that it was unused for five years?

If some new gas means that it runs well, then just driving it as is means you'll have a cool looking car for not more than a newer used Hyundai. But then again, I've seen bigger engined cars in this apparent condition for that price. He's probably 'asking' a couple thousand more than he'd accept.

Yeah the sitting for 5 years bothers me, of course his answer to concerns about the motor, lines etc is always it's just bad gas. Im just trying to factor in new tires, replacing rubber both drive wise and seal wise. Possibly having to drop the tank, new lines, carb work etc. He didn't take pics of the rust, or mention how long it sat in the ad which in my mind makes me wonder what else he forgot to mention. But in the end its still a charger .

I think the first thing you should do is punch the guy in the face for that upholstery. (Who the hell would do that to any car). Then make sure there aren't any left over drugs in the door panels.

I agree with Photon. It all depends on how bad you want it and how much you're willing to put in it. If it's your dream model and year and you're not afraid to put some work and $$$ into it. Go for it. Try to beat him down in price as much as you can. If this were the case I would start at $3,500. Try to find out why he want's to sell it.

If you just want to have a 72 Charger because you think it's cool, I think that car is a Piece Of $hit based on the pictures and your description. It will need some work. I would walk away.

They're your motives, you have to decide. You can't go wrong with what you want to do and can afford.

Yeah I think nostalgia for the model was canceling out some basic rules. I normally don't even consider sitters. The interior I agree has to be the ugliest I've ever seen. I just don't see many chargers around here, not in my range. Too many Barrett jackson fools.

Cut that in half and you should be in the ballpark.

I know that everone has differing tastes, but that interior is just butt ugly.:urkidding:

The car looks like a basket case. Your going to spend a great deal. The cars that are worth buying sell for a premium. If I was going to buy it would beat him down to 3000 to 3700.

Auto Transport Service
Back