• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some suggestions please, hyper spark is not sparking..????

64fury74charger

Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
This is my 2nd go round with the hyper spark to have the sniper control timing. I have updated the ecu and hand held with the latest software on a fresh card, set up all the wizard details and there is rpm showing when I try to start it. Still no spark???? Wiring is pretty easy and I have the distributor and coil that goes with the black ignition box so all these pieces should play nicely together. Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking for or something else??? I have gone over all the basics but nothing is really looking like a problem.
The efi was working great with an MSD distributor and 6AL box previously but of course no timing control. I got the distributor kit because then I don’t have to tear apart a good working distributor. I will be busy with work this week but vacation starts next weekend. Thanks in advance for your help.

Why don't you ask the experts at Holley ?!?!

Make your life easy hire a 20 year old to figure it out or return it and go carb
That was helpful. :BangHead:

6474 do you have the white trigger wire from the ignition box hooked up and/or hooked up correctly? That would be my guess. There is a wiring branch with a two pin connector that comes off the ignition box wiring harness; the small red wire (ign. switched 12v) turns the box on and the small white one is the trigger. I'm not sure if the white wire was needed with the MSD (imagine it was, it's basically the same device as the Hyperspark) but that trips up a lot of installs.

Do you have the IGN1 and IGN 2 circuits tied together to provide 12v in both start and run? You would have had to have done that to make the MSD work but just double checking the basics.

Also, did you go through the procedure of phasing the distributor before you started? That's the exercise with the clear cap.

And remember, once you get the engine started, you need to verify static timing. It's easy but necessary when the ignition box is controlling timing.

Let us know how you make out.

Auto Transport Service
Back